Chapter 71

H a r r y

"Remind me of why you're stalking me again?" I ask Liam as I sift my fingers through my hair.

"Maybe because you have my phone." His voice is drenched with annoyance and I smile as I open the double doors to the school.

"Maybe you shouldn't have woken me up so early." I would only allow Stella to do that. Nope, not even.

"You would'nt have had anything to wear!" He blares, and I turn to look at his red face.

"I'm a big boy. I would have figured something out," I say and walk toward Liam's locker. 

"Give it." He snaps and holds his hand out.

"Hey, remember when we first met and you thought I was going to shake your hand? That was go-"

"Give it!" 

I sigh and roll my eyes and I pull his white device out of my pocket and slap it into his hand, crossing my arms afterward.

"Why are you still here?" He looks agitated, and I lean into the locker beside him and watch him as he pulls books out of his locker.

"I..I don't know," I do know, I just feel like a pussy asking him about it.

"Well, then, I need to go to the library if you don't mind," He tries to push past me but I push him back.

"I need advice," My words sounds rushed and desperate and I clench my fists. 

"With?" He says, and I swallow and roll my eyes as I close his locker for him, for no fucking reason.

"I..well.. how would I.."

"Harry," He warns and I sigh. "just tell me, there's nothing to hide here. I am your brother," He states and I stare at him.

"I know that," I say through clenched teeth. 

"Then tell me."

I take a deep breath before speaking, "Okay so I..I wanna ask Stella to be my girlfriend but.. I have no fucking clue how," I mutter and his eyebrows raise.

"I thought you two were already a couple," He looks pleasantly surprised as he crosses his arms. 

"No, not officially, I want us to be an actual fucking couple." I want the gap between us to be closed, I hate that she isn't mine, really fucking mine. I don't really like labels but for her I'd do anything. I promised her we'd be together and this is the actual first step. 

"Well, well, well.." He hums with a devious smile and I have the pulsing urge to choke him. "first, you have to do something special for her."

"Why?" 

"Because if you want to wow her, a first date make-"

"Stop quoting magazine shit Liam."

"I'm trying to help you, here." He shifts on his feet and I pick at my nails. 

"Anyway," He continues. "let her know that it's genuine ya'know. That you're not screwing around or whatever it is you do to her," His thick accent advises me and I consider it. If I don't fuck up the "date" and take it seriously and convince her that our relationship will work, then she'll actually be my..girlfriend. Will we last? Will we actually move to Kent together and attend CWU as a couple? This shit doesn't sound like me at all.

"Does that help?" He asks, holding his textbooks in one arm.

"It's better than nothing," I shrug and the brown eyed boy tightens his grip on his book bag and shuffles backward nodding his head before leaving. I look behind me and I am greeted by blue eyes and blond hair. My fists tighten but I manage a plastic smile. There's an invible tension between us that neither of us ever talk about it, and I feel it every time we have a conversation, as rare as that is.