Chapter 31- Don't know how to say no

S t e l l a

"Thanks for coming Louis" I smiled. Louis waved as he stalked out the door.

"Study da-, study session tomorrow?" He corrected himself.

I nodded quickly, and closed the door carefully.

I sighed quietly as the door clicked, and Louis' engine fired to life.

Harry didn't come as quickly as I thought he would, which made me worry, and relieved me all in the same breath.

I felt inferior for forcing Louis to stay and study with me, but it wasn't as bad I thought it would be, and we weren't doing much. 

Louis gave me some of his notes, I gave him some of mines, and we only gave small talk about school, and gossip.

Neither of us brought up Harry, and it was evident that Louis didn't want to talk about Harry either because he knew as much as I did, that if Harry were here, or if he walked in on us studying, he would be in what he explained to be "trouble". We both knew Harry wouldn't hesitate to bash Louis' skull in for being as close as a penny's width to me.

I didn't fully understand Louis and Harry's friendship, I believe Louis doesn't even understand it himself. They have a love, hate relationship, though Harry refuses to admit that he still considers Louis as his brother....

I still have yet to figure out why they fell out in the first place, what faulty incident separated them in the first place. I had loads of questions, but no answers.

I padded into the kitchen and looked through the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk.

Federica walked in with an empty plate in her hands and an empty glass in her other.

I blinked at her.

She smiled warmly at me and placed the dishes on the island.

"Hello, dear" she greeted quietly.

"Federica, who's, who's here?" I looked over her shoulder and she clasped her hands together.

"Your friend is here, and I gave him something to eat while he waited" she explained.

"He?" My stomach knotted.

"Yes, he" she nodded.

I gulped visibly.

"Handsome young man, with lots and lots of curls" she laughed. "Eyes as green as emeralds" she pondered with her hand over her heart. 

My stomach dropped.

I struggled to find my breath as I grasped the counter. "How long has he been here?"

"About 30 minutes now bella"  She padded behind me and placed the dishes in the sink.

"Did he come upstairs?" I squeaked.

"I did" A husky voice spoke.

I spun around just as quickly as my heart fluttered.

His green eyes were as emeralds, his hair was chocolate with beauitul curls, and his lips were full, pink, and swollen.

"Can you give us a minute Federica" I whispered in her ear.

She took on knowing look at me before smiling and humming a traditional poesia down the hallway. 

"H-Hi" I smiled sheepishly. My fingers trembled slightly as I clasped them.

"Hi" His face was expressionless, nonetheless neutral.

"Where you really here fo-"

"30 minutes, yes" He finished for me.