Chapter 10- Unmasked

At this point I was able to register exactly what was going on, and the moment Louis pulled away I slapped him. And I slapped him hard. Everyone around us gasped and a few people snickered, but the expression Louis had on his face was priceless. I knew he wasn't expecting that, but that's exactly what he deserved. 

I took a few shaky steps back looking at everyone looking at me. I hated attention, I hated it with everything in me, but I didn't want to do anything so dramatic to attract anymore attention that I could bare. The adrenaline pumping through my blood vessels were encouraging me to run and get the hell out of here, but my common sense and logical thinking were begging me to go find Harry.

Why did he say my name? Why did he sound so broken? If he didn't care then why did he turn back? Harry is a very difficult person to understand, and his hot and cold behaviour isn't making my thought process any better. I don't even know what to think at this point, it was all easier when I was a complete nobody, and the most Harry would do to me was wink and stare. But now I'm snogging him in the drivers seat, and dry humping him in his...hide away? It would be easier for me to just add one plus one, but then I could be possibly be jumping into conclusions, and it's best if I don't do that.

While Louis stood there, holding and moving around his jaw, the crowd slowly dispersed and I could finally see the tall masculine frame walking down the hallway. 

"Harry" I was now walking side by side with him. He didn't seem to notice that I was standing right next to him. Either that, or he was being Harry and pretending that I didn't exist.

He blinked at me then looked behind me, I'm assuming to see if Louis was running after me but he wasn't, he had no reason to.

"Harry, I'm sorry I wasn't expecting Louis to kiss me, and Louis isn't even my boyfriend, that was just a rumor, I-I" We were both standing at the exit of the school. Was he going to skip just because of me?

"I know, Niall told me."

"But- what? when?"

"When I stormed away from you I bumped into Niall and he told me that it was just a rumor he made up..Then I came back to..to apologise," He mumbled the last sentence and looked down at the floor.

"You're not upset about Louis..ya know kissing me?"

He clenched his jaw. "No, I shouldn't be"

"W-why were you so upset about the rumors?" My voice was small and quiet now.

"I already told you I don't like being fucked around with." His eyes were cold and eerie. He still looked troubled, and annoyed, even though he admitted that Louis kissing me didn't bother him. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to believe him, his eyes told it all. There was something else, and I was barely scratching the surface. "Why are you staring at me like that?" 

"S-Sorry," I bit my bottom lip slowly. He cleared his throat impatiently. "Will you answer my question? Correctly this time?"

He blinked at me and looked at the exit, then at me again. Why the hell was he being so impatient? I could see the crazed look in his eyes, like he was going to bolt for the door as soon as the conversation was over with, but I didn't want him to leave, I wanted to sit down and talk. Talk about us and where we're going with "Us" because it seems quite frankly that we're both confused as to where we stand.

There had to be another reason that the rumor of Louis and I being together bothered him so much. I wanted to dig deeper as always, but Harry had this barrier around him, I was surprised that he had even told me about his father.

"I did answer it correctly." He answered defiantly.

"God, why do you have to be so difficult Harry! Just answer the fucking question!"