Chapter 28- Bullshit and Bonnies (Pt. 1 of 2)

S t e l l a

 "I'm not completely finished with my poem, but I'm pretty much done" I clarified to Mrs.Baldwin.

She nodded softly and the small wrinkles by her eyes folded and her blue grey eyes lit up.

"You know, Harry showed me a line from his poem," She stated matter-of-factly."It's lovely" She smiled.

I felt my cheeks flushing. "He did?"

"He did. And I'm proud because for one, he never does his work" She laughed. "And two, it was from the heart" She patted her own heart and winked at me.

"I don't know what to say" I gushed.

"Nothing. You don't have to say anything" She waved me off playfully. "Now go off to free period, or lunch or wherever it is you go"

I nodded and quickly obliged.

I adjusted the strap of my bag over my shoulder and walked out of her classroom.

The night I ran to Harry's was the same night he made me go back home. Of course he drove me, and Lux tagged along sleeping in her car seat in the back. I felt so sorry for Lux, and I even considered calling child services on Des, but of course he declined my gesture.

He couldn't keep up with this for much longer, Des was playing a game, and he's destined to win it at any costs.

That made me fervent as much as it scared me.

By the time the bell rung, I was sat in the library, shelving through the books, running my fingers along book spines, and jotting down literature notes, and inspirational quotes.

I occasionally tucked my hair behind my ear as I did so. My back was hunched, my bottom lip was carefully took in between my teeth, my reading glasses were sat at the tip of my nose, and my eyebrows were knotted in a permanent frown.

"Hey, Stella is it?"

I looked up quickly, and dropped my pen in the process.

My eyes met clear blue ones. Eyes identical to mines.

He smiled softly and picked up my pen handing it to me instead of simply placing it back down on the table.

I took it from him trying not to brush across his skin but I did.

"Marcel, is it?" I smiled.

He nodded and pulled himself a chair.

I subconsciously looked around for Harry.

"I didn't know you attended here?" I kept looking around frantically.

"Yeah I do.." He trailed off and watched me carefully before turning around himself to see who or what I was looking for.

"Sorry"

"Looking for Harry?" He laughed.

"You're not gonna find him. He's usually with his shrink around this time"

"You know about...his shrink?" I asked. I leaned forward and rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

He leaned in also.

My chest tightened.

"Well yeah, we were tight when him and Mickey were a 'couple', if you even called it that" He laughed and shook his head.

The library lady sassed him with a "shh" 

He sent her a playful glare.

"Wanna go grab something to eat? I'll show you somewhere you've probably never been before" He suggested.