Chapter 16- Devil in a suit & tie

H a r r y

"Excuse. You" I spat. 

"Sir, we're just doing our job," The female cop adjusted her belt. Her accent was thick and heavy. 

I knew this was another antic that Des was throwing at me. But seriously? Lux? How the fuck do I kidnap my own baby sister? 

Stella grasped the hem of my shirt tightly and whimpered when the officer stepped closer to the threshold.

"It's gonna be okay baby," I softly stroked the small of her back.

The officer placed his chubby hands on the waist of his belt trying to intimidate me with the guns and weapons, that were snuggled into it's places, but I was nowhere near intimidated. I've been under arrest so many times, this was nothing but routine.

Big burly, sometimes skinny and slim officers would cuff me up, and ship me off. They would read me the Miranda rights while doing so, I've got it memorised. 

But these cops were slow, and by the way they were standing there with their eyes hooded, and lips pressed into thin lines, I could tell they've been having a pretty long night.

I kissed the top of Stella's head softly and attempted to peel her off of me, but she stood firm and still.

"Stella, I'm gonna be fine." I kissed her hair again and she buried her face into my shirt.

"This is isn't right, y-you didn't do anything wrong," She sobbed.

I squeezed her hands in mines and kissed her wrists softly.

The officer grunted behind me and cleared his throat impatiently.

"Stella, I want you to go home, and tuck yourself in, and go to sleep. I'll be out soon, I promise," I whispered so only she could hear. I studied her eyes for as long as could, the way her blue eyes almost looked transparent, the  way her pupils were widened, how breathtakingly beautiful they were...

She shook her head and her blond ponytail mirrored her head movements.

"No," She spat through a heavy sob. "You just told me you loved me, you can't leave me you p-promised,"  A stream of tears fell down her cheeks but I wiped them before they could slip into the dip of her collard bones.

I closed my eyes and swallowed carefully.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered and tugged her so close she might as well have broken into pieces.

The officer finally decided that it was enough and he tugged my arms behind my back, coldly cuffing up my hands and tightening it with no mercy. I clenched my jaw and allowed him to tug me back out of the room and down the hall.

I looked back at Stella's still frozen body as the officers tugged me away, and my heart broke into pieces.

She wasn't standing, or sobbing, she was on her knee's. Completely helpless, and vulnerable... Just like I had met her. Vulnerable, and completely helpless, innocent, and delicate like a rose.

'A beautiful, graceful rose in a garden of daises'...

I never wanted her to be involved in this, from the day I met her, the first day I heard about "Stella Tanner", I told myself these exact words;

"Don't get involved with her Harry. She's too good for you,"

But nonetheless I did, somehow I did and now she's stuck in a situation she has no business being in because of me, and she doesn't deserve it. No one does, that's why I stay away from people and make sure people stay away from me. I'm nothing but trouble, my name itself is nothing but trouble.