Chapter Three <3 Baby Dreams

" And don't you just love this dress?" I exclaim, probably sounding sarcastic, to Effie. She trills in delight and tells the camera crew to get ready.

" In three, two," a man with short brown hair says. Cinna winks to me from the corner of the room. " One!" And then the camera has began filming. I read from the cards, telling them all about my non existent interest in designing clothes. I can hear Peeta in the other room, telling them about his real interest. Painting.

I am ushered out the room so that they can get some good shots of my clothing pieces. I chuckle as I walk into the room were Peeta is, then cover my mouth as the camera men- who are meant to be filming Peeta - turn on their heels, and focus the cameras on me. I think about it, then realise that this is the perfect excuse. The perfect excuse to let the Capitol see how much I love Peeta.

I hold my breath, making my cheeks blush a rosy pink on purpose. Then I skip over to Peeta and kiss him full on the lips. He smiles across my lips and kisses me back, chastely. Nothing intense, just a sweet peck. I pull away and dart out of the eye of the cameras.

I raise my arms up, as Cinna pulls an Erwin coat on my body. Leather gloves slide onto my hands. A bright red scarf. Earmuffs. I've always hated earmuffs.

My Mom runs to my side and says, " To protect you."

The Mockingjay pin. The one Madge gave me. The one I wore in the arena. Cinna takes it from her, and pins in onto the knot in the scarf.

Effie Trinkets voice booms like a boom box around the room. " Attention, everyone! We're about to do the outdoor shoot, and, under normal situations, it would be were all of the victors meet outside! But, since this is the year of our star crossed lovers, Katniss and Peeta will exit the house together and meet Haymitch!" She says, before shoving me and Peeta out the door, with our fingers intertwined.

Peeta and I rush out the door and are, at first, blinded by the sleeting snow. But then, we see clearly and begin to walk down the road, chatting amongst ourselves. Then, I scoop up and piece of snow, and throw it in Peeta's direction. It hits his cheek, leaving a trail of white down his face and I erupt in a fit of laughter. Then he throws a smaller ball of snow at me, which hits my furry jacket. Then he takes off, running through the snow. I run after him, and finally catch up with him. Then I jump on his back, sending us both into the snow. I laugh and flop down on his chest. Then we share a kiss. To be completely honest, this kiss is not chaste at all. It's a full blown, passionate make out. Then he lifts me out the snow and onto his back, and dashes towards were Haymitch is already waiting, chuckling at us.

The station. Saying good bye. Dinner; It all rushes by in a blur. I'm in my lush compartment, wrapped in pyjamas and a silky robe, waiting for Peeta. We arranged for him to come at nightfall, when everyone - bar Haymitch - will be asleep.

The door cracks open, and Peeta's glorious face peeks round the corner. I grin from ear to ear, heading up to the door, and grab him by the collar. I throw him on my bed, and lay on top of him, kissing him. He kisses my softly, but I push my mouth down on his harder so he's kissing me more passionately, more fiery.

He rolls me into the covers and snuggles himself under them as well. We hold hands as we drift off to sleep.

💖 - - - * * * - - - 💖

A baby. He's tied to a tree. Why? He's Peeta's baby, that's for sure. He has his golden locks, and ocean blue eyes. He has his sympathetic stare. Is, is that my-my son? Peeta and I's child?

Why is he tied to a tree? Why is he wailing so loud? But then I see him. President Snows arm is wrapped around the tree, holding a dagger - and it's pointing towards my baby! I start towards him, and realise I am unarmed. How could this be? Why haven't I brought my bow? Why can't I save my baby boy?

" You love Peeta?" I hear President Snows raspy, deep, growling voice.

" Yes! I love Peeta!" I wail.

" Wrong answer," the President says, then he digs the dagger into my babies heart.

💖 - - - * * * - - - 💖

I wake up howling Peeta's name. He's crying over me, leaning his heart against mine, shaking me awake. He screams my name and my eyes open. He hugs me in relief and shushes me, whispering soothingly into my ear.

" It was-" I start, blandly.

" Yeah," he says. " I know, it was a nightmare."

" No," I whisper. " It was our son."

💖 - - - * * * - - - 💖