Chapter 30 (As Pure as White)

I would like to dedicate this chapter to writer_visionary for patiently waiting for this chapter and for your undying support for my story, really appreciate it xoxo

Anyways vid on the side is of Arash ft Helena entitled "Pure Love" hope you guys enjoy it------------------>>>

============================================================

Chapter 30

I just gaped at Mikhail.

I didn’t know what to say to that…

“Cadence?” He whispered my name tentatively. I looked at him again and saw the mixture of emotions playing on his eyes. He looked scared and hopeful, both at the same time. ‘Wait, maybe I just heard wrong… yeah, that’s it, I just heard it wrong.’

“I Love You, Cadence.” He said clearly. I gasped and I felt my heart beating furiously inside my chest. My thoughts were scattered and all I could think of was what Mikhail said.

‘He loves me?’

I was jarred away from my thoughts, after feeling Mikhail’s warm hand cupping my cheeks. I looked up and saw his gaze fleeting from my eyes to my lips. “Can I?” He asked with hope laced in his voice. I absent mindedly nodded, and then saw his face looming in closer and closer…

“Mind if I cut in?” I heard Arlandre’s voice and then saw him with one of his hands on Mikhail’s shoulders. Mikhail’s face contorted into annoyance and mumbled ‘cock block’ at Arlandre which made me blush. I totally forgot where we were; I looked around us and saw everyone’s stares directed at our direction. I blushed harder… ‘oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD.’

I placed a hand to my chest and tried to calm my heart. I couldn’t get over the fact that someone like Mikhail would get interested in me and now… saying that he loves me. ‘My lanta, it looks like my life is turning into a telenovela.’

“Cadence and I are still talking.” I heard Mikhail grumble. I directed my gaze back to the two bears gazing each other up and just shook my head at them… ‘Men.’

A different song was now playing on the background and other couples rose from their seats and were now heading for the dance floor. The two guys in front of me were still killing each other with their eyes. I decided to cut in before things escalated.

 “It’s okay Mikhail, we can still talk later.” I was proud of myself for not stuttering. Mikhail looked a bit hurt. He sighed before heading back to our table. I might appear calm and collected on the outside, but I was totally panicking inside. Mikhail’s words kept on playing on my head.

“You okay?” Arlandre worriedly asked me. I sent him an assuring smile and gave him a soft nod.

The rest of the dance with Arlandre was totally quiet. I kept on sneaking glances at him and saw him wearing a thoughtful expression. He would occasionally direct his mega watt smile at me, but I know that his mind was elsewhere. I didn’t bug him since I was doing the same.

After the set, everyone applauded and Arlandre placed his hand on my lower back and escorted me back to my seat. But he stopped me a few more feet before we reached our table. He pulled me to him, completely enclosing me in his arms. My eyes widened in surprise and I just stood there.