Chapter 27 (Let your Fairy-God Mother do the work...)

This chapter is dedicated to Robokitt, if you havent read her work yet; then I suggest you should, especially the bluemoon series <3

Anyways vid on the side is Diamonds by Rihanana... why? Read the chapter then hehe--------------------------------------->>>

============================================================

Chapter 27

‘Well this is awkward…’

Mikhail just keeps on staring at me after Arlandre left. I couldn’t stop fidgeting and tip-toeing my weight on each of my foot. Mikhail still isn’t saying anything and I can just imagine him scrutinizing me with his gaze. I heard him sigh and speak to me.

“Could you please stop that Cadence…” I stood firmly and felt really nervous.

“You don’t have to be so stiff, I’m not mad at you.” Mikhail said rubbing his forehead. “I should have seen this coming.” I heard him mumble to himself.

“Should have seen what?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow. Mikhail turned to me; I could see the mixture of emotions in his eyes and then the nervousness engulfing my body dissipated. I know that he would never hurt me and I really felt safe under his watchful gaze.

“I should have known… that sooner or later you’ll catch someone’s eye and challenge me in claiming your heart.” I gulped at his serious look…

“But I guess this is better, since now…” Mikhail approached me and took my right hand, enclosing it in both of his. “I can prove to you… and for all the people to see…” he slowly raised it to his lips and gave the back of my hand a peck…

“That I’m deeply…” He kissed my knuckles.

“Madly…” he grazed his lips on my ring finger.

“In-love” he slowly turned my hand.

“With you” and pressed another kiss at the center of my palm.

His gaze didn’t waver and was directed at my eyes the whole time he said that. I could feel all the emotions his words brought to me, and I didn’t know if I wanted to cry or shout for joy at Mikhail’s declaration of love for me. It felt as if the whole world stopped, and everything was all about the two of us…

Mikhail slowly dropped my hand and placed both of his on my shoulders and slowly leaned his face to mine.

“If you’re not yet ready… or if you don’t want me to… tell me to stop.” Mikhail whispered under his breath, while his face loomed closer and closer.

‘Do I want him to stop?’

I could feel the heat that crept on different parts of my body. I turned back to the guy in front of me and uttered his name in a barely audible whisper.

“Mikhail”

I closed my eyes waiting for the warmth his lips would bring but the next thing I heard was my name being shouted.

“CADENCE!!! Get up we need to go the salon in an hour and you’re still snoozing!!!” Aira shouted from my door.

I scrambled awake sitting on my bed…

‘What the…’

I turned to Aira and sent her my deadliest glare, ‘just when things were going nicely, this always happens!’ My cousin just raised an eyebrow and left me there.