Chapter 20 (Shoulder to Cry on)

This chapter is dedicated to MissCris, coz I totally adore her story MBBF (Ohmigod; I like... died twice after reading that story lol)

Anyways Pic on the side is of Mikhail and Cadence (ohhh the abs!!)

Vid on the side is somewhat emotional but soothing, 'Tell Me Where It Hurts' and a rendition of a popular local artist Juris. Hope you guys love it -------------------------------------->>>

============================================================

Chapter 20

(Mikhail’s POV)

Shiloh was looking at me worriedly. And made me try to remember what the plan to woo Cadence was…

1. Give him some space, although not entirely avoid him. 

2. Help him realize that he does like me by doing some romantic gestures without being overtly obvious.

 3. Ugh…

“What was the third thing again?” I asked Shiloh. My friend laughed at my forgetfulness.

 “Never treat him badly and be there by his side even if he rejects you a second time.” I gulped back the nervousness that erupted after hearing the third thing. But I decided to go along with this plan even if I don’t get Cadence in the end… being his friend would suffice…

 ‘I think…’

I sighed and bid Shiloh goodbye when we heard the bell ring. I headed for my first period which I also happen to share with Cadence. I pulled a determined expression and wore it before opening the door.

Everyone was silent and was looking at me, I looked to my mates and some of them were just looking at me blankly and the others with a smile. We haven’t really solved anything even after we had a meeting after the match. The team was currently on two sides, with one of it supporting me and the other who wants to get me off the team.

I sighed and turned to look on Cadence’s direction. He was looking at me like a deer caught in headlights, the moment I saw his face; my heart skipped a beat… seems clichéd but that was what I honestly felt… Shiloh’s words hung in the air… ‘Stick to the plan’

I steeled my features and took the usual seat I had beside him. His eyes widened after I sat and he quickly looked to his cousin and Ron. I saw Aira give Ron a searing yet chaste kiss on the lips before cocking her head to the side and look at Cadence. ‘Hmm, so Ron and Aira are an item now? Good for them.’

Mrs. O’Grady chose that time to enter the room and then cleared her throat.

“Okay, well for this week I’m going to assign you a study which would require you to work in pairs. I’ll allow you to pick who your partner for this assignment, would be.”

I rested my head on the palm of my hands and looked to my side where Cadence was at. He was looking at Ron but obviously Aira wouldn’t let him out of her sight.