Chapter 4 (Twi-hard)

• Dedicated to Ron Reyes

Dedicated to one of my friends and Beta-reader/ Editor who has been AWOL for a couple of months now.

To Ron:

Dear Manwhore,

I already named one of the characters to you, hope this is already an ample payment for your services... NOW get back to WORK and stop whoring around. :P

Sincerely,

Queen B*tch

 Picture on the side is of Stav Strashko portaying our 'dear Cadie' ; also a vid of "Flightless Bird" ----------------------------->>>

============================================================

Chapter 4

We were done cleaning and were just putting back the cleaning materials into the cart; when the mostly upbeat songs from his playlist shifted into a really soothing song.

I was a quick wet boy 
Diving too deep for coins 
All of your street light eyes 
Wide on my plastic toys 
And when the cops closed the fair 
I cut my long baby hair 
Stole me a dog-eared map 
And called for you everywhere 

Have I found you? 
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping 
Or lost you? 
American mouth 
Big pill looming 

“Wow, what is the title of this song? I’ve never heard this before.” He looked at me. “And here I thought you were into the paranormal shows.” I huffed at him.

 “Just because I watch one show with that genre, doesn’t mean I turn into a raving fan for every movie or TV show with the same theme.” He raised his hands in mock surrender.

 “Okay, okay sorry.” I crossed my arms. “You better be, anyways just tell me the title of the song; and since you pointedly told me that I should know this; tell me the show where you heard this from."

He sighed, “okay well the song is entitled ‘Flightless Bird’ by Iron & Wine… and I heard this from…” He was pausing a lot which made me frown.

 “Well, you got it from?” I gestured for him to continue; he sighed before mumbling, “hnn-light.” I seriously am getting frustrated with him.

 “Say what?” He huffed, which did not really suit him and made my mouth twitch upwards.

 “I got it from ‘Twilight’; my sister forced me into watching it so don’t judge.”

 Oh my lanta. “Seriously!? That’s it?” I sighed, “well why would I judge you by watching a freaking girly movie about glittery vampires?” He was now whining which made me laugh because he was so cute when he was whining.

 “I never thought I’d see the day… thee ‘Mikhail’ is whining right now, too cute.” His cheeks turned into a red you could compare it to a tomato but he frowned afterwards.

 “Why do people make a big deal out of me? I’m not ‘thee Mikhail’; I’m just me, just Mikhail.” Hmm, I now looked at Mikhail on a different perspective, he wasn’t the total douche I pegged him to be, or the arrogant ass I thought he was because of the high pedestal people in school placed him at.

 “If you say so, anyway I would also like you to know that I did watch ‘Twilight’ and for your information I’m a ‘Team Jacob’.” My statement cut through the tense atmosphere and we both started laughing.

 The song was now nearing its end and the atmosphere became charged and tense yet again. I was staring at Mikhail for so long that I can now see the amber fleck in his emerald green colored iris. He was also staring at me which is making me self-conscious.

 “You know you never really got to answer my question earlier.” My mouth quirked into a grin, “well what was it did you ask me again?” I said feigning innocence, he hummed for a bit.

 “Well, I was going to ask you two things, first is your gender preference.” Oh right I never really got to give him a straight answer; well he seems to be telling the truth about being pansexual… and he looks really sincere, maybe I could trust him and tell him about me being gay.

 Even though we only just became friends; there’s something about him that makes me feel like I could trust him. I stared at his eyes, begging for acceptance and bracing myself for a rejection that might also come out of this…

 “I-I’m actually g-gay…” Mikhail hummed then shrugged “okay.” To say I was surprised by his nonchalance is an understatement.

 “So you’re okay with it? You’re not the passive-aggressive type are you?” Mikhail looked at me surprised and then arched an eyebrow.

 “Nope, I’m not ‘passive-aggressive’; and so what if you’re gay? I told you I’m pansexual so why would I judge you. I believe that every person is ‘Sui Generis’ and I won’t judge anyone just because they like a person of the same gender. Besides now that I know you like guys, maybe now I’ll have a chance with you.”

 "Sui what?" I said frowning but he just smirked at me. He finished his incredible reply with wiggling eyebrows, which lessened the seriousness in his previous statement; but still, I saw in his eyes the degree of seriousness masked by the humor. I pondered on his last statement though, I guess he's just toying with me, the jerkface; I decided not to take his flirting seriously and rolled my eyes at him.

 “Moving on, what’s your next question?” Mikhail looked hurt for a bit which made me frown, but he answered quickly… but I wasn’t imagining things so I stored this information at the back of my brain to contemplate on later.

 “Okay, my second question is as to why you’re always wearing a beanie and I also know that your glass lenses don’t have grades… I can clearly see your eyes when I stare at you.” I was shocked by his question; I looked down and turned away from him.

 “Sorry if I offended you, it wasn’t my intention; I was just really curious.” I mumbled my answer at him. “I don’t really want to talk about it.” The song already ended and it really suited the conversation which I believe also ended with a bad-taste.

============================================================

Vote / Fan / Comment