Fate Reloaded--Part IV, Chapter Five

Chapter Five

            Jordana knocked on the door to Ford’s bedroom, before walking in. She’d been going into Ford’s room since she was about eight, but when as she entered it now, it all felt different.

            “Ford?” she asked, calling out as she pushed open the door to his room.

            “I’m over here,” he yelled back.

            Jordana followed his voice until she found him sitting at a desk in a little room no bigger than a closet off to her left. She pulled open the door and slid inside.

            “So, I’m here,” Jordana said, creeping up behind him. “Use me as you will.”

            “I intend to,” Ford said, glancing back at her quickly, before looking back at the computer screen.

            Jordana watched as the kissing scene between Billy and her played out in its entirety. She felt weird watching herself kiss Billy and started to glance around the room nervously.

            “Um. You said you needed me to read some lines for the movie?” Jordana finally asked, trying to ignore the fact that she was making out on screen.

            “Yeah,” Ford answered, still typing on his keyboard. “I just need you to go over your lines and then, make a few sounds to show you’re into the moment.”

            “Huh?” Jordana asked looking at him weirdly.

            “Just say your lines, and then when you get to the part where you’re kissing Dillon, make a little noise, like you would if you were really making out. It’s no big deal. We just lost the sound the first time around.”
            Jordana could feel her palms begin to sweat. “I can’t make make-out sounds,” Jordana said, nervously. “I didn’t make them the first time around, and I’m certainly not gonna make them now. It’s just gonna sound weird.”

            “No it’s not,” Ford answered, slightly annoyed. “And I heard you make noises while we were filming and there was nothing strange about it. I just need you to make the natural noises you would make when you kiss someone.”

Jordana’s body had practically gone to mush when Ford had kissed her and so she wasn’t even sure if she’d taken a breath, let alone make any sounds.

Ford cued up the tape and turned the volume down, so she could see the film, but not hear the sound. He pushed the buttons on the computer, so that the mic would pick up the sound in the room.

Jordana watched as Ford pointed to her, signaling her to start her part of the kissing scene. Feeling more than embarrassed, Jordana just shook her head and placed her hands over her face.

“I can’t do this,” Jordana said, finally. “It’s weird. I’m having to fake make-out noises in front of a camera and I don’t even know what make-out sounds sound like.”

Ford looked at her and then turned back to the computer. He rewound the tape until it was cued up to Jordana’s kissing scene again. Then he turned back to her.

Without him even saying it, Jordana knew that Ford was going to be taking on Billy’s part of the scene. She could sense him moving toward her, already getting into character. Jordana watched as he mouthed the lines that came directly before the point where Dillon was supposed to kiss Jenna.

Jordana allowed Ford to kiss her quickly and then waited for the pause in the scene where the guy who would have been sitting next to her said his lines. Then, she closed her eyes and waited for Ford to kiss her.