Fate Reloaded--Part I, Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

            “So, thanks for springing me from the joint,” Kip said, as he said sat on the edge of Jordana’s bed.

            “No problemo,” Jordana said, smiling at him.

            “I guess that totally makes up for you kicking me in the—”

            “Yeah, sorry about that,” Jordana cut in, blushing. “But to be fair, you were the one who told me that kicking someone in the shins wouldn’t stop them.”

            “Well, now I know that you have no problem taking care of yourself,” Kip said, grimacing and then laughing.

            “So, how’d you know it was Billy?” Jordana asked.

            “Well, if you hadn’t run out of my room so fast, I could have told you that before you went and got all kidnapped and tied up,” Kip answered, jokingly.

            “Yeah, yeah,” Jordana said.

            “Well, you know I always suspected that it was a jock that was in that picture,” Kip said. “So, I started sneaking around the locker room. If people were dumb enough to leave their lockers open, I’d take a peek in them and see if there was anything disturbing in them.”

            “And obviously you found something,” Jordana said.

            “Let’s just say that those lockers are disturbing enough, without the stolen trinkets taped to their helmets,” Kip said, shuddering.

            Jordana raised an eyebrow.

            “Trust me, you don’t want to know,” he said.

            “Somehow I believe you,” Jordana said giggling.

            Kip looked around the room, taking in all its contents one by one. His eyes finally rested back on Jordana.

            “So, I heard that someone stole the Brown’s dog last week,” Kip said, slowly.

            “No. Way,” Jordana said immediately.

            “Come on, partner! This is such an easy case,” Kip pleaded with her. “How hard could it be to find a dog!”

            Jordana closed her eyes and then looked up at her reflection on the ceiling.

            I’m totally going to regret this, but…

            “Fine,” she answered. “But this time, it’s your turn to be the damsel in distress.”

__________________________________________________________________________

Note from the author:

If you like Fate Reloaded, be sure to fan me, and then support your fellow Wattpadder by buying my other book, Life's a Witch, in paperback, or for the Kindle or Nook. Just go to amazon.com and search Life's a Witch...you could help make me the next  New York Times Best Seller!

Thanks for your support!

:)
Britt