XXIV

I felt much better, I was sitting on the couch with Jack. We had breakfast around two hours ago.

"How about we go for lunch? Just the two of us" Jack suggested, I nodded my head and went upstairs to change.

I put on some high waisted jeans, a white sweater and my white converse. I met Jack downstairs by the door, Conor was gone with some of his friends.

We got into his car and Jack drove, Zoe had texted me asking if I was coming to visit.

"I'm going to see Zoe and Alfie tomorrow, do you want to come?" I asked, he stared at the road ahead.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I made plans with Lydia" he replied, I remained silent.

We pulled up at a cafe, it was French styled, I ordered a coffee while Jack ordered tea.

"Joe called me, he said Caspar and him were in Mississippi" Jack spoke.

"Yeah I heard, Ella text me" I told him.

The bell at the door dinged indicating that somebody had entered the shop. Just my luck the person happened to be Lydia, she looked towards us with her bright smile.

"Hey Jack, Jessica" she greeted, we both said hello and she went to the counter to order something.

I was praying that she wouldn't join us, I was seriously going to crack.

She walked towards us and thankfully she had a 'to go' cup in her hand.

"Why don't you join us?" Jack asked and I silently glared at him.

"I would, but I can't I'm busy" Lydia said, she said goodbye and left I sighed relief.

"Anna told me she really likes you, she even told me that she looks up to you" Jack revealed, I smiled brightly.

Anna had grown on me too, she was so sweet and kind. Surprisingly we had a few things in common.

"Really? That's great, she might just be my favourite Maynard" I teased Jack.

"No way, how could you?" Jack joked, he took my hand across the table and I laughed.

Jack pressed his lips to my hand.

"She still your favourite?" Jack questioned.

"Yup" I said popping the 'p'.

Jack stood up from his chair, he kneeled in front of me. His hand cupped my cheek and my heart sped up, he leaned in and the moment his soft lips met mine I smiled.

"How about now?" Jack asked when he pulled away a smirk on his lips.

"I think I have a new favourite" I stated as I pressed my lips to his again.

"It's Conor by the way" I teased once we pulled apart again.

Jack shook his head as he laughed, the crinkles by his eyes appeared.