Thirst

I watched the dark blood well up as an intoxicatingly sweet aroma filled the air, my stomach churned heavily but not in a way I thought I would be sick. I felt myself inch forward, propelled by some force I could not understand, but it was as if my brain only knew hunger and thirst suddenly and that his blood is what it desired!

      I slunk further forward, I felt like a lioness on the hunt suddenly, my hunger and thirst cresting the closer I got to Xander. Suddenly I lurched forward, just like my imagined lioness, my mouth falling upon his opened wound suckling greedily as the sweet nectar touched my tongue.

      Xander's hand went into my hair as he let out a low moan, "Mnm...yes...drink my love."

    At his words I suckled harder and when the blood didn't come fast enough I nipped at the skin which sent shivers through him as I felt his chest muscles tense beneath my hands. Pulling me back lightly by my hair he crushed his mouth to mine our tongues tangling then pulling away he grabbed a goblet from beside me and I watched in awe as he sliced across his hand and drained the dark blood into the cup.

      "Drink...while it is pleasant for you to drink the other way I do not think I can handle that without..." he muttered then trailed off as he handed the cup to me.

      Grabbing the cup I greedily drank something within me already feeling stronger, better, yet my hunger grew as something salty smelling filled the air as a light knock came at the door.

      "Sister, Yvette and I have made something tasty." Amelia's voice called causing Xander's head to snap around.

      Then as the door opened slowly he reached out with the flash of his hand and wiped my mouth then did up his shirt as I quickly hid myself beneath the sheets; I knew Amelia knew but I still didn't want her seeing it.

      Amelia froze in her footsteps as she stepped in the room with a tray in her tiny arms, her eyes widened in wonder at Xander; she had been asleep at our wedding and had never met him.

      "Who are you?" Amelia questioned curiously.

      "I am Lord Xander von Brighton little madame, and you are?" he questioned back confused as if he were trying to fit puzzle pieces together; he had never seen Amelia as far as I knew.

      Amelia's little eyes narrowed, "I'm Frey's little sister Amelia." she replied then tilted her head to the side, "Are you Frey's husband?"

      "Yes, I am, why, I haven't seen you sense you were maybe two." Xander said and I could hear a smile in his voice, "So, you've brought Freya something tasty to eat?"

      "Yes and for Frey's baby, are you Frey's babies papa?" she asked innocently as she finished approaching and held out the tray to me.

      "Who else would be?" he asked with the slight raise of an eyebrow that made me giggle.

      Turning suddenly on him after setting the tray down she put her tiny hands on her hips and glared at him, "Where have you been big sisters been super sick and scared?" she snarled in her little girl's voice.

      "Mel!" I gasped lightly, "Apologize to Xander ri..." I began only for Xander to hold his hand up.

      "I've been away at war fighting, I promise little Miss Amelia as soon as I got word Freya was sick I hurried home only when I got there there was no more home and I too got scared." he said calmly and sweetly.

      "Francois said we had to leave, I guess Francois was right as always." looking at him wide eyed she frowned, "Are you going to stay with big sister now?" she questioned.