Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Aubrey's POV

Hunter.

He was actually here.

Releasing a shaky breath I watched as the large black beast made his way over towards a still grinning Gina. His bloodshot eyes took in the petite girl as his lip curled upwards revealing a set of dangerous canines.

"Took you long enough." she snorted turning so she didn't have her back to neither of us

Growling in response Hunter narrowed his eyes that had taken a dangerous taint of black almost blending in with his black as night fur. Gina either didn't notice his murderous expression or she just didn't care for how angry he seemed.

"That's not fair Hunter I'm in human form and your in wolf form." she pouted lifting the gun up

My body froze when the weapon turned pointing straight at me, gulping down my fear I peeked through my lashes to see Hunter tense. He released a vicious growl but didn't attempt to move forward like he originally would have. Gina pulled a pair of shorts out from the large pockets on her sweater and tossed it in front of Hunter.

"Change into human form or I'll test out these poisoned bullets on your mate." she threatened in a deadpan tone

The hairs on my arms stood on end at her serious threat but that was the only indication of my internal fear, pressing my lips together I noticed Hunter's head lowered in defeat as his dark eyes darted to me before the stomach churning sound of his bones cracking back into their original shape.

Squeezing my eyes shut I bit my bottom lip hating the small grunt of pain that he made. Forcing myself not to listen to the sickening snaps and cracks I found myself straining my ears when it ended seconds later. Reopening my eyes I saw Hunter, my Hunter standing barely a few feet away his stance cold and unapproachable one that screamed danger. His hands hung at his sides with his fists clenched tightly, his bare chest rose and fell with heavy breaths, his jaw clenched and unclenched numerous times, his features were hardened by the anger that also caused his nostrils to flare but still he stood silently staring down the small girl with the gun.

"Good boy now, where should we began?" she asked out loud tapping her chin mockingly

"Why Gina?" Hunter asked

Her body tensed before a sick yet faint smirk formed on her lips. Raising the gun so it was pointing directly at my head she turned towards him.

"We both know why."

"Your his mate." he said rather than asked

She nodded her round eyes glistening as they filled with the old emotions; anger, hurt. Her fingers tightened around the gun as if to say she could pull it at any moment.

"He never told me." Hunter said with a shake of his head

"That's because he didn't want to take away from your big news, you were going to be the new alpha that year and Miles didn't want to take the spotlight from you."

Hunter's brows bent downwards at the last part obviously oblivious to the honor that was going to be bestowed upon him the day he lost control and the serum kicked in.

"It was suppose to be a surprise that you would learn later that night and well you know why that didn't happened." she added darkly

"He's not to blame." I blurted

Both heads snapped to me, Hunter's dark green eyes softened as soon as they landed on me as if he hadn't realized I was here. Mustering up all the self restrain I had to stop myself from closing the small distance between us, my chest tightened painfully. He's right there in my sights and I can't touch him, gulping down the lump in my throat I forced my eyes away from him knowing if I didn't look away now I'd end up running to him.