Chapter 17

Spoiler alert I kind of cried while writing this so get your Kleenex out now ;)

Well go on Enjoy!

**************

Chapter 17

Aubrey's POV

Staring unblinkingly at him as a million questions floated in my mind all of which I'm sure he would never answer if I asked before but with his promise..

Capturing my bottom lip between my teeth I struggled on what to ask him first. Would he answer me if I asked about the investigation or these murders? Would he get mad and walk off again? Fear gripped my heart as I pictured Hunter running away, I don't want to fight anymore.

"Anything buttercup." he repeated and rubbed his thumb against my chin

Pushing my questions about the investigation aside I decide to start from the beginning. Meeting his soft gaze I sucked in a courageous breath, here goes nothing.

"I want to know about the first time you lost control." I blurted out quickly

He stiffened and his eyes darkened at my request into a deep green that resembled coal, his jaw clenched tightly that I regretted the question. He dropped his hand from my face and glanced over my shoulder.

Crap! I mentally cursed myself as the silence stretched on between us this time it was as comfortable as sitting in a room of snakes. Pulling his hand off of mine I felt the heat go with him leaving me colder than I was before.

"You don't have to answer." I mumbled feeling him scooting backwards

Tears welled in my eyes at his reaction, he's moving away. He pulled his leg back so it was no longer at my side and that was enough for me to jump onto my feet. I don't want to be rejected again, I'm tired of being hurt by him although it's not on purpose.

Wrapping my arms around my torso I sighed and forced out a shaky breath.

"Wait..." I heard him call out

The sound of his footsteps were slow and soft in the snow. I turned to him and raised my brow waiting on what he had to say.

Hunter swallowed hard causing his adams apple to bobble, he sat on the stool like rock behind him with a distant look in his hard eyes.

"After I was injected my body healed nearly right away everything from bones to organs were fully healed in merely hours. I remember my father sitting at my side the whole time with my mother beside him, even Miles was there.."

I dropped my arms and shifted onto my other foot as I listened to him speak with his head down like a child in time out.

"In just two days I was healthy and back to normal I didn't realize they're were side effects till the day Blue Haven ambushed some of our younger wolves at the edge of town, some of which were my friends were injured my brother Miles was with them.." he paused and clenched his jaw

"I remember getting so angry when I found out, I felt my wolf coming out on his own but it felt different. He felt stronger, angrier and dark but I still let him out. I let him out." he growled the last part

With a mind of their own my feet started forward so I was standing by him, extending my hand I rested it on his shoulder feeling the tensed muscles beneath my hand.

"The second my wolf was out was when I lost control, some of the elders tried calming me down not knowing what they were getting themselves into. It was than I began my bloody trail running through town killing anyone in my way. I killed friends, neighbors, not stopping when they begged and pleaded for mercy not even my own mother."