Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Aubrey's POV

Music blared through the large one story house as I pushed pass a couple making out, like all out tongue war. Cringing I tightened my fingers around Hunter and I's entwined fingers and pulled him along with me.

"Wait mommy I want to watch the people." Hunter chuckled sounding like the child he is

Rolling my eyes I gave his arm another tug as I navigated us through the crowded room too a more quiet area where we could go unnoticed. Spotting an armchair far left from the dance floor I made a bee line straight to empty area near the kitchen where only a few people were sitting there talking and thankfully not drunk. Elbowing my way through the crowd of dancers at last I pushed Hunter down noting his puzzled expression.

"Why are we sitting back here?" he asked as he readjusted himself in his seat so his arms hung over the armrests

Examining our surrounding I felt satisfied with the few strangers that were near us who seemed too engrossed with having a good time that they could careless who was near by.

"What's wrong with sitting back here?"

"Maybe because it's a party and we're sitting." he said

Searching for an excuse I came up blank as Hunter stared at me awaiting for my reply.

"I..umm..."I stuttered lost for words "...we just are." I snapped frustrated at our situation

"Oh great answer." he teased

It was my turn to huff as I folded my arms over my chest mentally cursing the day I ever met Holden. If it weren't for the jerk we could be relaxing at home watching a movie while we snuggling instead of sitting in a damn corner at a house full of werewolves!

A pair of muscular arms wrapped arm my waist tugging me backwards, surprised by the unexpected action I yelped as I fell onto his lap. Leaning his chin against my shoulder I felt his breath fan against my neck sending a wave of desire through out my body.

"Relax buttercup." he whispered against the sensitive part area between my shoulder and neck before placing a wet kiss there

Sinking my teeth into my bottom lip I could barely think as I felt his warm breath tickling my skin. Leaning my head back to allow him better access I slid back so my back was against his chest. His skillful mouth left a wet trail of kisses up to my jaw and started a fire of need within me.

"I can't." I said as my eyes fluttered closed

"Why not?" he asked with his mouth still against my jaw

Just like that I snapped back into reality as the passion that a second ago held me under it's spell quickly sizzled down to nothing. Reopening my eyes I searched for the right words Hunter was obviously looking for that also wouldn't sound as if I'm protecting him. But I came up blank and Hunter understood my sudden silence. He lifted his head away from my neck and without turning to see his expression I knew he was mad.

"Because you think I'll get into a fight." he said reading my thoughts exactly

"No." I lied as I recomposed my slumped posture

His arms loosened around my waist allowing me to turn so we were eye to eye. "I'm not stupid Aubrey I know that's why you sat us here away from everyone."

Opening my mouth I was ready to tell another lie but the hurt in his eyes stopped the words from escaping my mouth. Lowering my gaze I nodded realizing I hurt him unintentionally when I only meant to protect him. Unable to look him in the eye I focused instead at the plain grey T-shirt he wore with a dark blue pair of jeans. A simple match but it took forever to get him to get dressed and out of the apartment.