Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to plzsmile who is promoting the story Hunter, thanks again!

****************

Chapter 14

Hunter's POV

A sinister snarl tore from my lips as I placed all my weight onto my back legs and pushed forward like a bullet through the well lit forest dodging any obstacle that stood in my way.

'Faster!' my wolf howled happily as I shot in between two large trees

My prey gasped at the large amount of ground I managed to cover in merely seconds, the soft feminine sound sent a shiver of excitement to vibrate through out my body as the small figure swerved around a thick green bush. Closing my eyes I inhaled her floral scent that had first attracted me to her.

I was in the middle of a victorious hunt when an irresistible scent reached my nose causing both my wolf and I to turn just as the girl ran away. Trailing my tongue over my still wet snout I tasted the still warm blood from my now abandoned meal.

The sides of her open red coat whipped behind her as she ran straight into a twisty path in hopes of losing me, the hood of her coat dropped revealing long golden hair that resembled gold as it trailed behind her. A strong, bitter wind blew causing her to wobble on her feet but never less she continued running.

My wolf panted excitedly at the unknown girl's refusal to give up to her terrible fate instead she was fighting it, not once had she glanced back at me nor had she screamed like the countless ones before. It's not that she wasn't petrified the loud slamming of her frantic heart told me that much but still she showed no sign of fear.

Lowering my head I leaned right twisting and turning my body every which way till the girl led us out to into a wide spacious area.

With nothing to block her from my view and nowhere for her to hide. I narrowed my eyes at her long golden hair that floated behind her flying from running and the wind blowing it every which way.

'Faster!' my wolf panted louder when there was barely five feet between us

Slipping my tongue out I licked my lips as if she were already between my teeth. I was so close I could taste her sweet blood on my tongue, hear her muscle pull apart as I sink my teeth into her soft skin, the sound of her bones breaking under my heavy paws... a harsh bark tore from my lips at the image I painted. The girl covered her ears from the loud unexpected sound and took her eyes off the ground for just a second but that was all it took.

She didn't see the tree root that was poking out of the ground not until her foot got caught, finally releasing a small yelp she fell face first on to the hard ground.

My wolf howled at finally hearing a sound come from her whether it was from fear of me or not. Stopping a few feet from her I watched as she sat up rubbing her shoulder with her hair cascading over her face keeping her partly hidden.

Slowly stalking towards I watched her body tense when she spotted me, she crawled backwards on all fours as her chest rose and fell with the forced breaths she was taking.

My wolf howled and panted happily at finally getting his new victim and in the way he loves with her still trying to get away.

"No please." she pleaded

I froze like someone had dumped a bucket of ice cold water over me recognizing the voice. My wolf however was too excited to pay attention as he continued stalking forward.

"Please." she repeated this time it was more of a cry

Her small creamy colored hand reached out brushing away the blonde hair that hid her face and it was my worst fears come true. Raising her large fearful hazel eyes up to my squinted red ones I saw the pure fear and terror in her eyes that usually I welcomed but that wasn't the case now.