Leave

As soon as Stevie and Lindsey arrived at the party, they attracted a lot of attention. They were the hottest 'couple' in music business right now, without a single doubt. People came up to them, congratulating them on getting married still, asking questions about their family maybe getting bigger some time soon... Everyone bought it, what came from either Stevie's or Lindsey's mouth. Although, they were quite convincing, too, since that night they spent together. Even before that, they rather quickly grew closer, so it hadn't really been an act to them, they felt comfortable to hold hands, hug or share a kiss occasionally. 

"Let's go sit over there." Lindsey showed with his hand at a table in the corner that wasn't yet occupied by anyone. 

But they couldn't walk the short distance without being interrupted.

"Lindsey!" Carol beamed at him, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"Oh, hi, Carol." He greeted her only with words, because Stevie was not about to let go of him, her arm around his back. 

"Hello, Carol." Stevie said, smirking. 

"Can I talk to you?" Carol looked at Lindsey, who then glanced at Stevie and sighed. 

"There's nothing to talk about."

"But... We haven't seen each other in a while, you haven't even called me."

"Let's not do this here, okay?" What she said was true and it wasn't that Lindsey wanted to be with her, but he didn't feel too good about how he left things. "I promise to call you. I will." He added, seeing as she didn't seem to believe him.

Approaching the table, the two sat down with their drinks, Lindsey instantly knowing something was wrong, Stevie was paying no attention to him. He fought back a sigh, taking a deep breath instead, as he asked her...

"What now? I just said hi to her."

"And told her, you'd call her as well." Stevie said, without looking at him.

"Jesus, Stevie, what was I supposed to tell her; please, get the fuck out of my life?" The corners of her mouth turned up just a tiny bit. "You can't be that jealous, can you? She's... she's nothing to me. Yes, we were together for a brief couple of weeks, but we weren't together as in a relationship, we fu-"

"Stop right there." Stevie held up her hand. "Okay, I get it. I'm sorry. I'm just a bit... territorial I guess."

"I know and I like that." Smiling Lindsey sipped on his drink. 

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, at the bar sat someone they knew very well, at least Stevie did. Taking a big gulp from his glass, he was scanning the room, his eyes then widening. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Don said, shaking his head.

"What?" Joe asked his bandmate. 

Tilting his head into the direction, Don clenched his fist. "I knew this whole thing would not go as planned. She swore to me and what is she doing now?"

"Well, I'm not really sure what you're talking about."

"Is it really necessary for them to be holding hands? She can't take her eyes off him either." Placing his drink on the bar, Don stood up. "I'm going over there."

"Wait, are you sure that's a good idea?" Joe asked, knowing how Don could get sometimes. 

"I'm not about to sit here and watch my woman with some other dude."

Joe just sighed and let Don go, not wanting to be a part of this one bit. 

Approaching the table, Don cleared his throat loudly, catching Stevie and Lindsey's attention. She was stunned, what was he doing here?! Her mouth went dry and her heartbeat picked up pace.