We'll Be A Memory- Ch. 1

This is just Chapter 1 of the story. If you like it, don't be afraid to comment/vote/become a fan! :)

That damn box was tempting me again. It was just too easy to open it up and relive the past six months. If only I had known that that happiness wasn't going to be permanent, like I had thought it was going to be. I thought he was different, sworn to myself that this wasn't just one of those superficial summer flings most girls my age have. I was wrong. He left me broken, not even bothering to pick up the shattered remains he left of me.

I guess it it's safe to say I loved him more. 

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

"Stop it Jonah, you're gonna get sand in my hair!" 

 We were sitting in the sand at the Swells Beach in Pensacola, Florida.  It was a hot day, and we had worn our swim suits and spent the day swimming in the ocean. It was getting into late afternoon now, and we were sitting in the warm sand, feet in the water, hands entwined, my head on his shoulder.

"Sorry sweetheart, it was an accident."

He kissed the top of my head. I can't remember ever being this happy. Not since Mom and Dad got divorced, and there was still stress and tension before that. But this was perfect. He was perfect. 

I glanced at my phone and noticed it was nearly seven o'clock.

"Crap Jonah. My moms going out tonight, and she wants me home early so I can watch the girls."

"No problem love. I'll see you tomorrow, right? It's the County Fair, and you promised me you would go."

I couldn't help but smile at that. He was kind of guy that remembered things. This was rare, considering the majority of the teenage male population in Canton, Florida were jerkwads who just wanted a girl for their boobs, or their... boobs. 

I started walking through the sand to the sidewalk. As soon as I had taken a few steps, I was pulled back. I found myself gazing up at his face.

My eyes traced his whole head. First, his floppy blonde hair. It was dark blond, and curled out at the edges. I always guessed that if it grew out long enough, it would be curly. My eyes traced his face, his defined jaw line and chin. My eyes rested on his blue eyes. But the thing is, Jonah's eyes aren't just blue. When he's happy, they're sky blue.  When he's upset, they turn the shade of the ocean when a storm's about to arrive. Jonah's eyes tell you everything you need to know. If you know him well enough, you can almost read him through his eyes. It's those eyes that can make my day. One glance, and I'm lost in them. 

He grabbed my hands and pinned them behind his back, entangling his fingers in mine. He looked down at me, literally. He was easily 6'2" and I barely reach 5"4.

"I never got my goodbye kiss." he said, with a smile on his lips.

The best thing about Jonah are his kisses. His lips are soft and supple. It's his kiss that tells me that he cares for me, and that he loves me. He always swore to me that those kisses would always be mine, and I never doubted it.

"I'll see you later, Lex."

"Bye, Jonah." 

We left with our smiles lingering on our lips.