Chapter Twenty Seven

(a/n: ik no one reads these, but if u do, thank u sm for 1.9k reads! also, someone dmed me on twitter and said that this fic is v real life, like this chapter will be what has happened to them irl, but i always add a twist whether it is good or bad, rip. enjoy)

time skip to the date 6th of October 2015 cause im lazy lmao

"Phil, I'm actually getting nervous..." Dan said, standing in the kitchen doorway as Phil leaned over the stove. Over the past year of 2014, Dan and Phil have worked on a book; "The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire" to be exact. They knew a lot of other YouTubers had written books, so - how were they going to make this an original idea? What they did is took the individuality of them, and their friendship/relationship and moulded it into words and illustrations on paper. A mixture of embarrassing stories, mini games and their actual mums speaking about their births is what you would find in The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire. 

"Why?" Phil said, turning to face Dan. "Without sounding snobby, it's not like people won't like it." 

"I know, I guess it's cause I always get nervous when I announce stuff." Dan said, pulling his jumper sleeves over his hands and looking down. 

Phil giggled at Dans innocence, even though he literally has none. "It'll be fine, when are we filming the video for it?" 

"Oh, I forgot about that, tonight or tomorrow? When does the book actually come out?" Dan asked, looking back up.

Phil sighed, "You're useless, it's out October 8th."

"Oh fuck. Sorry." Dan apologised. Phil has been trying to stop Dan swearing, it has not worked and to be honest, it probably won't.

Phil shook his head. "I guess you're going to have to do a lot of filming and editing."

Dan nodded and began to leave when something in his mind flickered, so he stopped and shuffled back to the door way of the kitchen.

"You know we still, haven't uploaded the coming out video." Dan said, exaggerating on the word still. 

"Oh god," Phil began. "Should we just leave it?"

"Phil, we're engaged, I think people will find out about the rings of gold on our fingers." Dan said, raising his hands and pointed at the ring. 

"Oh well, we could film the wedding." Phil said, as a different idea. 

"Maybe, but we haven't sorted that out either." Dan said.

"Let's get the tour and the book out of the way Dan," Phil began, giggling. "Without sounding mean, I think the wedding is the least of our worried right now." 

"True, shout me when dinners ready." Dan said, winking. Phil punched his arm playfully and went back to what he was doing. 

The Next Day

Once ready, fed and set up - they began filming the video of the book and the tour. 

"Didn't see that coming did you?" Dan laughed, "Bet you've been wondering what we've been up to recently."

smol lil time skip, they're still filming btw

"It all began in 2009," Dan began "and, it was all an accident, we didn't intend for this to exist, but it does and we would have never dreamt of it."

Phils eyes began to water, the dream of seeing Dan again was all Phil needed, the book tour and everything else was just a crazy coincidence. Phils memory was hazy in some places, but it was mostly clear now, he hated that he had amnesia, but he's glad it's gone and he has Dan back. As small, unnoticeable tears streamed down his pale completion, he snuffled, making Dan; who was still talking, notice. 

"Phil, woah are you okay?" Dan asked, grabbing Phils hand, not caring if the camera saw because he'd have to cut it out anyway. 

Phil didn't speak. He just stared at Dan, realising he already had the centre of his universe in front of him. Phil wiped his cheeks and sobbed in his hands for a few seconds and nodded at Dan. 

"Are you sure? We could just film later, I'm worried." Dan said anxiously. 

Phil hiccuped. "I'm fine, don't worry. It's just I just wanted you back in my life, the tour, book, everyone and everything was just a coincidence." Phil hiccuped.

"Little cutie. Are you sure you're fine?" Dan asked again, squeezing Phils hand. 

Phil nodded. "Cut that out." 

Dan laughed and they both continued on with the video. 

"Bye guys." Dan said, shutting the camera off and immediately took out the SD card and slotting it into the Mac on the desk, seeing as they were in the office, and began editing straight away.

"I'll leave you to it." Phil said, giving Dan a quick peck on his cheek and went to their room and had a little happy cry to himself. 

'Dan is back in my life. After all I said and did, he came back to me. I'm so happy I have him in my reach again. I love all the viewers and supporters so much, my life would've never been like this if it wasn't for them, and, PJ. PJ, literally helped me keep in contact with Dan again, without PJ I wouldn't have Dan. God, I love Dan and PJ so much what the hell? Having both of them is just all I need. Everything gets better. I'm engaged to Dan, I still talk to PJ, I don't see how anything could get me down at this moment in time.' Phils thought as happy tears streamed down his face. Phil thought such happy things for around 1 and a half hours, since Dan walked in wwith his laptop. 

"Ugh, finally I uploaded the vide- Phil? You're crying way too much. What is going on?" Dan asked, climbing onto the bed and wrapping his lengthy arms around Phils waist. Phil was inept to spill what he was thinking. All he could say was;

"Dan, don't worry, they're happy tears anyway."

"I still want to know why." Dan said, snugging into Phil.

After explaining, Dan lunged at Phil and hugged him really tight. They stayed attached to each other and fell asleep, not bothering to change. 

time skip to mid way through the tour

The response to the book and the tour was over overwhelmingly successful. Everyone who watched them supported them and were happy that they were on tour, well, British viewers were. The book was a growing success and was slowly making its way to Number One in the UK book charts. The tour was also amazingly successful, all the tickets to every venue were almost sold out. It's now the third to last show on the UK tour and they were on stage playing the 7 second challenge. 

"Okay Phil, you have to-" Dan was cut off by the buzzing in his pocket, someone was calling him, it was his mum. 

'What?' Dan thought. 'I don't keep in contact with my mum?'

"DAN!" The crowd shouted. 

"C-can I answer this, it's my mum." Dan said, staring at Phil. Phil nodded. 

Dan thought it was going to be a daft call so he stayed on the stage and answered the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" Dan asked, the audience waiting in anticipation. 

Dans expression turned confused and sad. "W-what?" He asked, Phils concern growing. 

"A-are y-you s-sure?" Dan stuttered. "Oh, O-okay, I'll s-see w-when I c-can." Dan said hanging up, staring at his phone. 

"What's  up Dan?" Phil asked, stepping towards him. 

Dan was unable to speak. He fell to his knees and cried so hard, not caring that this was on a microphone. 

"DAN. WHAT'S GOING ON?" Phil shouted, running over and bending down.

Finally having the motivation to speak, he did;

"My brother has cancer..."

(a/n: ty guys for waiting and being patient. also thank u for 1.9k views (again) . ily all, from rebekah x)