Chapter 21

Brentin POV

I found myself descending, falling, and crashing, into oblivion. The darkness surrounded me, tormenting me with images of the happy memories I shared with Aaryana, the terrible deeds I did with Julie, and the same thing, that has been haunting me every night, since the day she walked out of my life: the look of disgust, and raw hurt. I know I betrayed her, betrayed her wolf, betrayed my wolf, and even my own pack.

I was all alone; forced to watch the scenes of my life flash before my eyes. The constant hurt I caused. The constant betrayal I saw in her eyes. The immense amount of regret and guilt that slowly ate away at me. If it wasn't for her giving me a chance to just be friends, and our newborn off spring, I would've gladly given up my right as alpha, and left. Maybe even take the last blow, with wolfs bane.

All these emotions ransacked my body, living me breathless and washed out. Finally, pulling myself out of my broken soul, I slid off my bed, and began walking. Not caring where, I was going. Before too long, I found myself staring at the large door, that led down towards where Julie, the stupid bitch, who caused all this. Even though, it was my fault for being stupid and ignorant and believing the whore's lies. Descending the elaborate staircase, I could hear the slight drops of water, dripping from the ceiling: echoing off the stone walls in a symphonic melody.

Pushing the next door in, I walked into the small basement, where Julie was being held at. Quietly walking over to her cell, I took in everything. A bruised, battered and bloodied being sat in the corner, chained down. Her hair wasn't even the same vibrant blonde; I was so used to seeing. I took in her frail form, that was deprived of hunger, deprived of joy, just a hollow shell of what used to be. I almost felt sorry for her, but remembered all she put me through, and how much of a lying, conniving, and sneaky bitch she was.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear her speak. "What..." I slowly asked, confused, noticing she now sat up right; looking dead at me.

"I said, have you come to gloat? How you got your precious Aaryana back? How you're happy I'm in here?" Her voice came out, with icy venom.

I just stared, and sighed, "I haven't come to gloat. I haven't won anything back, because you basically took it all away from me. Aaryana was my life, my love, the only thing, that kept me sane, the only reason for my being. I was so wrapped around your fucking finger, that I couldn't see the truth. I majorly messed up, and it's my own fault."

She just looked, and laughed, "You always were a weak one, Brenty. You know, Kip is so much better, and boyyyyy, can he fuck."

I sighed, "About this Kip guy? Who is he? Why does he want to attack us? I mean I know he's your mate and all, but this Kip guy seems like a smart guy, and I know he has an ulterior motive besides just attacking to save a little whore. Are you even sure, he even wants you're lying ass? Plus you know, you did fuck his twin brother, sooo..."

I trailed off, and watched as her demeanor changed, and she looked at him puzzled, "Twin Brother? What do you mean Twin brother? Wait... Are you saying that you and Kip are Twins?"

"Yup. We most definitely are," I answered her, confirming her suspicions.

Her mouth burst open wide, before turning back to her usual broken smirk. "So, I fucked twins, and ruined one of their lives. I guess I should feel accomplished, although that bitch Aaryana, still was not better than me. I'm a natural love, and you know it".

She purred, rising up, and walking over, slowly stroking the bars. I don't know what came over me, but I was tired of hearing her voice, being in her filthy, disgusting presence, and inhaling her horrid stench. I felt my wolf stir, and we roared, smiling in satisfaction, as she fell backwards, glancing up at us in pure shock and fear.