Part 37

Part 37

~~~

"He marked her!" Bled shouted in anger; his eyes burning bloody red. He was growling at the two people before him, raging aura slipping off his body. Rys could only stay quiet, not knowing what to do.

     She didn't really think for this to happen.

      "The demon surely did," Hash spoke thoughtfully, his blue eyes still on the mark on her neck. "I wonder what the being of darkness has found on the girl for him to mark her as his own."

      Rys saw Theresa's lips twitch. Telling her the old woman knew why. The dark being's her mate...that was why. Theresa surely knew a lot of things.

      But then, why would the being took form of Jace? Was that popular snub a demonic creature? Rys caught the old woman's gray eyes which had an amused glint on them.

      It was then in a flash, Theresa was grabbed in the neck by Bled.

      "You! Tell me how we could erase that disgraceful mark on her!" Bled ordered, fangs bared.

      The old woman still remained calm and appeared not to be bothered on how Bled held her neck tightly. If she must had been an ordinary person, she could had died so easily.

       "We can't," Theresa answered, tilting her head to Rys. "Only he could took back the mark he placed on the girl."

        "You..." Before Bled could hurt the witch, he was pulled away by his brother Hash.

        "Ungrateful sucker..." Rys heard the old woman mutter while rubbing her neck that had red marks on them.

        "Calm down, little brother." Hash rubbed Bled's arm.

      "It's unwise to hurt a powerful witch that might place a curse upon you." Bled growled at Hash and glared at the old woman.

     "If she's powerful then why can't she erase that damn mark?!" Rys touched the mark and felt an electric coursed over the spot.

     Theresa muttered, "Because I am not more powerful than that evil creature, you sucker."

      To Hash's relief, his brother eventually stopped growling and baring his fangs. His red eyes returned back to normal dark blue, and Bled later walked back to his mate's side.

      "Rys..." Bled snatched her hand and squeezed it gently.

      He continued, "I swear on my ancestors that I'll try my best to find that damn demon and erase that mark on you."

      Rys could only smile softly to him.

      -But you don't have to find him anymore. That creature already promised me that he'll be back for me....soon.

<><><>Timeskip<><><>

Theresa and Rys were now in the dining room, having a quiet conversation, while the two vampires were away. They were looking for the creature that had placed the mark on her.

      "So you haven't told your vampire mate yet," The old woman stated while she had her hands resting on the table before her.

      "Yes...I don't think I can." Rys looked down at her lap. "What if he gets mad at me?"

       "He'll surely be. By that possessive attitude of his, I think he won't ever accept the fact that he's not the only guy made for you."

      Rys didn't reply at that.

     "So...you met your other mate in the dream? What do you think of him?" The old woman leaned in closer. Her dark gray eyes set focused on the silent girl.

      "I think..." Rys paused.

      What do you think of him? She thinks that he's kinda sweet at first before she saw his face...She thinks that he's a kind person that won't ever hurt her, will always protect her. She swallowed her saliva. But that was all before she saw his appearance and his dark origin.

     But then, that doesn't all matter, right?

      The old witch raised her eyebrows. "So you like him?"

     Rys snapped her attention to the witch. Her green eyes widened.

      "I see..." Theresa shook her head in a thoughtful manner.

      "How about your werewolf mate? He locked you up, right?"

      Rys got taken aback. This witch...this witch almost know everything...After recovering from the shock, she nodded her head.

      "Yeah...I think his name is Howl." Rys frowned as she recalled her memories on that isolated cage. "He's pretty insane and is very obsessed over Candy."

      "That werewolf jerk," She muttered and rubbed her temples.

     "Why didn't you reject him if you seem to hate him?" Rys could see that the witch knew the answer, but she still played along.

     "Hate's a strong word. I only dislike him, but I can't blame him falling for Candy. She is a great cook and so sweet." Rys rubbed her tummy, recalling the taste of the food that she had eaten back then.

     "About rejecting him, I thought of that, but isn't it selfish if you reject him because you don't like him? I don't even want to think of Howl being a depressive old man because of me."

     Rys shuddered, instead of thinking Bled as an old man, it was now Howl.

     "Oh, also about that. I rejected Bled once, but I accepted him again. I'm so glad that he changed his attitude towards me; he's so sweet and caring now." Rys smiled at the thought of Bled.

      Theresa slowly nodded her head in understanding. "I could see that."

     "...so who do you like the most from the three of them?" The old woman suddenly asked, anticipation in her eyes.

      "Eh?" Rys suprisedly yelped.

      Theresa repeated, "Who?"

      Why the sudden question? Rys could only muster out a sigh. She shrugged, having no idea on how to answer the old woman's question.

       "Don't know. But my answer for now will be Bled...cause Howl seems to despise me while I don't know the other dude or 'Jace' a lot."

       "Oh well..." Theresa's lips curved into a smile.

      "Thanks for answering my question. By the way, do you want a clue on when will you meet your next mate?"

       Rys sighed. "No, could we change the topic?"

      Theresa shook her head. "No."

      This old lady must be so fascinated on how she has five mates. Rys rolled her green eyes at her reply. She then stood up from her seat and left the old woman in the living room.

     Theresa chuckled once she was out of earshot. "Lucky brat. She was so lucky to have five mates while I was born without a mate to be with."