Part 28

Part Twenty-Eight :

Five Hours Later. Rys awkwardly sneaked a glance at the silent werewolf. It was too odd though. Why is he so quiet? she thought while she chewed on her lunch. The crunching sounds were only audible within the dim-lighted space as the two peacefully sat on the floor. Not being able to stand the tense atmosphere, Rys quickly chewed on her food and swallowed it.

     She whispered, "Tyre?"

     His jaw clenched in slight anger, but it wasn't for her. In stead, it was for the intoxicating scent that is trying to drive him nuts. Despite the forbidden desires, Tyre tried his best to remain calm  as he answered in a very monotonous tone. "What?" he asked.

     Rys softly sighed. Really? What's with the distant look? He has been acting weird ever since awhile ago? As much as she wants to deny it, she is concerned for him. Hesitant, with a sigh, she finally spoke.

     "Are- are you okay?"

     He angrily gritted his teeth, starting to go crazy over her damn scent. "No- I mean yes! I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

     Rys eyed the man.

"Are you sure?"

He slowly nodded and turned to her, but only to look at the now empty plate.

Tyre silently grabbed the plate, his arm accidentally brushing the girl's skin once he reached for the fork and spoon.

Heat crept up to his face as he began to move faster on getting the plate. He then stood up and quickly walked towards up the stair.

Rys watched the man and sighed again.

Weirdo...

<><><>Timeskip<><><>

Few minutes later, after Tyre left her alone in the room, the door opened slowly with a creak.

Rys looked up, expecting to see the man's figure. Only to be shock to see the girl.

The red-headed girl she once met.

"Rys?!" She exclaimed, her voice also in disbelief.

"You?!"

The red headed girl quickly ran down the stairs. And once she reached the ground, she immediately went to her caged and helpless figure.

Embracing her.

She let out a sigh of satisfaction as warmth floods to her. She soon embraced back, feeling her green eyes getting watery.

"Did you come to save me?" She asked, hope lingering in her small voice.

"Of course," The girl stated as she detached herself from me with a serious face plastered on.

"But I didn't expect Howl's mate to be you."

Rys wiped the tears off from her eyes.

"Yeah, me too."

The red headed girl gazed at her so serious that it made her self conscious.

She harrumphed.

The girl snapped from her staring and sent out a smile.

"Anyway, I realized that I didn't tell you my name...so um, my name's Candy."

Rys smiled, only to falter when she processed her name into her mind.

"Candy~ what?!"

The girl nodded, feeling a bit ashamed.

"Yep. My name's Candy, and the guy I mentioned last time is Howl, your mate."

Rys looked at "Candy".

"Um..."

Candy smiled an apologetic smile which can be seen that it was a genuine one.

"I'm sorry to cause you so much trouble."

Rys was so shock that she didn't know on how to react to that.

"Um, okay?"

Candy smile softened a bit as she reached down on the pockets of her denim pants.

Which is a key.

She then used it to unlock the cuff in my feet.

Oh God, am I really going home?

After Candy was done, she grabbed Rys's hand and ran up the stair, towards the door.

Rys watched Candy before her who was looking so cautious around their surroundings.

They soon finally reached the exit door which led to the outside world of this realm.

Candy sighed in relief as she twisted the door knob to open it. Rys watched from behind, to see if someone was there.

"Where's Tyre?" She whispered to the red headed girl who was now peeking outside.

"Ah~ he's in his room." Candy glanced at the girl and let out a big grin which made the black haired girl raised her eyebrow.

"What?"

Candy maintained the grin.

"Do you know that Tyre have a crush on you?"

"What?!"

"Nothing." Her instant reply and immediately pulled Rys again with her as she went outside.

They soon reached the pond.

"Finally," Candy spoke out as she rubbed her forehead with her free hand.

Rys glanced at the pond before looking again at the girl.

"Um, should I jump?"

Candy nodded. "Yup, you should jump. Now if possible."

"Um..." Rys scratched the back of her neck.

"Thank you and bye?"

Rys mentally slapped herself for being so awkward at Candy just because she was the girl Howl was always talking about.

Candy waved her hand. "Bye."

Grrr...This is so awkward.

Rys shuffled her feet and glanced down to the ground.

"Okay, I'm going to jump right now."

"Okay."

With Candy's word, she jumped down at the pond with her green eyes closed. She expected to feel the water, but felt nothing.

The moment she opened her eyes, she found herself in the abandoned park.

She sighed, What an escape!