*Part 03

—— [ PART THREE ] ——

Retrieving her hand from the girl's neck, the witch slipped out a smile upon seeing no bitemark on the girl's skin anymore. Ah~ using magic for someone else— it always bring her the satisfaction. "There. There. I'm done, Miss."

          Rys slowly raised her hand up to her neck and felt nothing there. Like nothing had happened. Like she wasn't bitten in the first place. Those green eyes of her widened as it darted to the old woman before her. Oh my gosh— she certainly is a witch! The girl bit her lips, rubbing her neck, upon having no idea what to say.

          "I—uh—"

          "Theresa. Call me Theresa," the old witch introduced herself, still with that smile plastered across her wrinkled face.

          "Thank you, Th—theresa."

          Rys rubbed her neck more, uncertain, but the girl had decided to say her gratitude in a muttering tone of voice. "So you're a true witch, huh?" Asking the old woman that for a confirmation when it was not needed anymore, Rys just had to say anything to make this atmosphere between them less awkward. It's about time this human girl believes her, Theresa thought to herself.

          She chuckled. "I have never hidden that fact."

          "You won't curse me, will you?"

          Theresa was quite amused when the human girl threw that question to her. Now, she's thinking of her as evil. When will she stop assuming things? Theresa chuckled, shaking her head as a response. "Just do not trigger me, and I would remain as the good witch I have always been."

           Thank goodness!

          Now there are more questions to ask. She had never thought vampires to exist, but they do exist?! How though? Oddly, Rys was not even freaking the hell out. It must be because that the girl had a friend once— a vampire friend who she thought was made by her childish imaginations. But that vampire boy she had been friends with— he could be true. Rys's felt her heart beats go faster.

          But then again— if that boy does exist, then he may have forgotten her already. The boy might have been been turned into a monster already. He couldn't stay good forever, could he? With his true nature being evil and sucking the blood out of her kind, the humans

          She sighed. "Does werewolves also exist?" she questioned, trying to forget the memories with that childhood friend of hers. Hinted at her facial features and that soft tone of voice, Rys still looked a bit dazed by everything. Theresa began to retrieve the silverwares resting on the table while she gave the girl her response.

          "Yes. And so does demons, angels, and what ever you can think of," Theresa said.

          The old witch entered the kitchen. Both of her hands were occupied. Rys's eyes followed her figure, but all her thoughts were somewhere else. Whatever I can think of, huh? Rys cracked out a silly grin. "Do dragons, mermaids, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan also exist too?"

           Coming out from the kitchen, Theresa rolled her gray eyes. "Those last two you mentioned don't exist. Those two characters were merely made by a creative person." The old woman gave out a scoff, rubbing her temples as she continued, "Are you still a child, Rys?"

        "Hey, how do you know my name?"

     "I have my ways," Theresa murmured as she took a sit on one of the chairs while Rys gave the witch narrowed green eyes.

*** PART THREE ***

Slowly budging the door open, the human girl peeked in the small opening, only to see the bright surroundings. It was morning already. Seeing the refreshing sunlight had once again landed on the earth, she sighed. She closed it again as she faced the witch behind her, waiting for Rys's decision.

          "I should probably go," she thoughtfully informed to Theresa as she rubbed her arms with uncertainty. Rys was a bit scared that the vampire might be out there; but Theresa had assured her that vampires don't attack during daylight. Theresa who stood before her; her back was almost in a not so pleasant state— just a bit more bent than normal. Seeing that she still was having doubts, she assured her once more. "Yes, you can go."

          Rys was about to open the door.

          "But before you leave, do you want to know more informations? Like do you want to know when will you meet your second mate or anything at all? Just ask me," Theresa kindly offered.

          Her breathing paused. The girl does not really think that she wanted to know more regarding those odd things. From what happened yesterday, the girl had not moved on from the fact that her mate is a vampire.

  "Maybe no."

She would just probably freak out if Theresa tried to tell her more freaky things. "Maybe not now. Le— let me process this first. This is really hard to take in." Theresa of course asked her if she's really certain, but Rys only gave out a nod. Mumbling her gratitude for Theresa's hospitality, Rys finally left.

Theresa eyed her departing figure. Too bad she was not able to tell her immediately the rejecting process. The old witch sighed as she closed the door in front of her. But of course she was hoping. If Rys does learn those powerful words, Theresa hopes that the girl will not ever use it. Gray eyes sparkling, a little bit dim-like kind of sad.

Even if those mates of hers becomes too hard to handle, "please do not ever reject them," Theresa whispered to herself, a sad expression resting on her wrinkled face.