Part 87

Part 87

~~~

After some quite time being left alone with this strange creature, all the vampire can think of is "what did I get myself into?" Dragon's too silent. Well, Bled would want him to be quiet, but this kind of silence that creature was giving him was far way too uncomfortable for his taste. And even when Bled was not facing him while they were walking to his house, Bled could sense the glare that damn Dragon was sending him.

     Slightly cocking his head to the side to have a peek of the boy behind him, he wasn't that surprised to see and be confirmed of Dragon giving him that damn glare. Bled let out a sigh again and continued to walk, hands in his pockets.

"Would you stop that?" he asked.

     And of course he didn't get any reply from the muted man. Dragon blinked but remained those turquoise eyes of his eyes narrowed. He appeared to have not heard or maybe he intentionally ignored it. Why would he bother stop? Dragon knew the fact himself. He was a being that is higher than him or those beings that were surrounding Ry-Rys earlier. Thinking of his mate, something warms inside of him. His expression had softened; that glare was quite vanishing.

     "You— you're thinking of her, right?" Bled suddenly asked, snapping the dragon out from his oh-so-sweet daydream; Bled's voice had a soft tone to it despite the rights he had to be jealous. And he was usually jealous, but Bled somehow realized that he does not have the rights to be so possessive over Rys when he isn't the only one who owns her. Bled glanced at Dragon, and Dragon gazed at him with that usually empty expression.

     Dragon later nodded, shocking the hell out of Bled when a smile had formed over the boy's lips. Bled felt his heart clench, but he only gave out a small smile. "You— you really like our mate, huh? So much." Bled stopped when he noted what he had just said, throwing a hand over his reddened face as he covered that stupid mouth of his. "What the hell am I even saying? Of course, you like her. She is your mate. I like her too as well because she's my mate too but—" his voice trailed off.

     He halted from moving as a distant glint was seen in his dull blue eyes. Dragon stopped. He looked at him with that same blank expression. However, his eyes got that curious spark on it. "—I. I don't really deserve her, do I? Before all this, I hate her. I despise her. I rejected her." Bled felt a lump over his throat as he got all too depressed at the sudden memory.

He swallowed that lump as he threw out a scowl filled with disbelief and irritation. "Ugh, why am I even saying this to you?" His face said otherwise as sadness was still painted all over his face. In spite of his mate assuring him for multiple times already that she's fine with it, Bled can't just forget those actions he had once done to her. Dragon listened to him, gathering all the informations that he had just learnt.

Bled let our a heavy sigh. "Just— I just want to tell you this. I hope you won't burden Rys too much. Don't be so possessive of her. Give her some space, okay? Don't be so demanding, and don't get mad if she interacts with the other guys, okay?" Bled told the guy, advicing him with that soft, gentle voice.

     For the first time, Dragon looked at him without that glare or blank facial features. His gorgeous turquoise eyes were wide as he took in all those informations. He was a bit confused by the words this stranger here was saying. It was the first time that he had heard words frrom someone that were filled with soft understanding and not filled with selfishness that are directed for his mate that had a lot of mates.

     "Why?"

     Bled was taken aback by the word he uttered. "Well, I don't want to stress her. I don't want us to burden her. Though, at first, I was a little bit too possessive of her. I mean too much. I realized that she got enough troubles already. She had so much other mates, yet she still accepted me? She clearly doesn't need to accept me. And if I'm just going to stay mad to those damn other mates of hers and not accept them and her decision to not reject anyone nor choose me as her only mate suitable for me, I would be a hypocrite, right? Like I don't deserve her. Her other mates deserve her more than me. I pushed her away; yet she still accepted me, so I should instead be grateful and try not to bother her any more."

"She cares for us so much that she doesn't want to hurt any any of us, so we should be the same and try to understand and care for her," he tenderly says as he thought of that lovely profile of hers smiling at him.

"So please don't burden her," he whispers to the dragon who had his eyes right now on the ground. Dragon was deep in thoughts, but what was the man exactly thinking? Dragon didn't show any hints or clues as he just kept his thoughts hidden beneath him. Bled gave out an exhale, hoping that his words would stick to the young man's head. Rys after all didn't need any more men giving her a pain in the head.

A/N: Sorry for the long delay. That damn writer's block hit me again, but here am I! I'm back.:)