*Part 09

—— [ PART NINE ] ——

What's fucking wrong with him? She was just trying to help, but he paid her with his bullshit! Rys turned to face the other side. Right now, the black haired girl was resting on her bed. Her hands wrapped around a pillow. Her mind was occupied with the things that had happened earlier. It was annoying really. He was annoying! Frustrating! Ugh, why is she even troubling herself with thoughts of him. A sigh left her lips. He was nothing to her now. They're just strangers now.

Hopefully, their bonds had been broken.

Besides, he's an ungrateful jerk. After a few tossing and turning her body, Rys was finally able to get the sleep that she had been longing. Surprisingly, she was visited by him in her dream world. Haunted by him— But not in the most usual manner.

*** PART NINE ***

Arms were being reached out to her. She flinched. Closed her eyes. She thought that he would choke her by the neck. But instead, the vampire reached out those arms to wrap it around her body. Embracing her so hard as if the man was clinging to her for his dear life.

It was weird really. Why though? Why was this man hugging her out of nowhere? "Mine," he snarled as if he's claiming that to someone, but the surroundings were plain darkness. No one visible. Embracing her so hard caused a whimper out from her. Nevertheless though, he embraced her harder.

"You're fucking mine; you hear that."

He said those words, intended for her to hear. Rys was nlt amused with it though. What kind of games was Mr. Cross playing this time? She tried to push him away from her personal space, but it was all futile. He was just too strong for her.

After all, he's a vampire.

Her vampire.

Damn it! What the heck am I thinking?! Instantly, she removed that crazy thought from her mind. Did you forget, Rys, you just like tried to destroy the mate bonds earlier? Though the girl wasn't really sure if that worked, Rys would assume that it worked.

Now snapping out from those thoughts, Rys took a look at him; and she almost gasped. This version of Bled looked even more horrible than the earlier. He looked so honesly haggard. His hair, uncomb. The clothes he wore didn't look so neat. Those red eyes of his— She pressed her lips.

Those red eyes of his portrayed a lot of emotions. Too vivid. Too sad. Too dull. Desperation. Helplessness. Anger? For whom? For her?"You're fucking mine, Rys," his tired voice trailed off.

Shocking tears were now pouring out from his now blue eyes. She was surprised. Super suprised. A concerned expression formed on her face as she cannot help but wipe those tears off. He just looked so pitiful in this kind of odd state. Very odd. Very pathetic. And very unusual. He gave out a sniff and sent her a teary gaze.

He looked so regretful.

In each wipe, she felt the tingles. She tried to take back her hand when the girl saw Mr. Cross give her those almost regretful looks. Though when she tried taking the hand back, he immediately snatched it. He gazed down at her hand, and she really felt uncomfortable by it. Giving out a cough, she was able to catch the man's gaze. Taking that opportunity to retrieve her hand.

"What happened to you?" she asked him.

He looked away, looking so in shame. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Tears were spilling out once again, causing her to almost sigh from this crybaby. Settling his blue eyes on her, the man gently reached out a hand and placed it on her cheek. He caressed it slowly as he ambiguously spoke his apologies.

She flinched at first when she felt the spark.

"What are you exactly apologizing for, Mr. Cross?" she asked him, trying to sound gentle as ever. He looked like he was so out of it. In an instable state. To act around him so carelessly may suddenly cause him to attack Rys. His blue eyes turned red for a second. Then it was back to those original colors.

"Please don't leave me," he murmured, embracing her once again. She let out a yelp. Her cheeks turning red. He rested his head on her right shoulder... His cold breath being felt on her neck, almost tickling her. Lips were in a straight line. She thought that he'll cry again, so she gave him a pat in the back and comforted him.

"Don't worry. I won't leave you."

He stiffened. "You won't?"

She nodded. The vampire was not assured by your answer though. No, he couldn't let her go to them. No, he won't. His gaze blankly focused on to her neck. Suddenly, he was craving for blood— for her blood... He opened his mouth wide.

Just at that exact moment, Rys realized his intention. But it was far too late. He bit her. It was painful. It was far more painful than before... Tears formed the corners of her eyes. He was not exactly going to drink her blood. He only pierced his fangs to her skin, sucking it later, until it made a huge bruise on her neck.

"I'm so sorry, Rys. I'm so sorry—" he apologized as he licked the blood off his lips. The girl tiredly looked up at him and felt dizzy. Stumbling and almost falling down, the vampire caught her right on time. She did not know why... but she lost all of a sudden her energy. He sadly looked at her as he carried her up. "I'm sorry," he apologized again. He was so insecure. He can't let her leave him. He won't let her leave him again.

He pressed her body close to his. Never again would he let anyone steal Rys away from him. Rys slowly closed her green eyes as she unhappily welcomed the darkness... Now, she had really concluded it— that damn Mr. Cross is really an ungrateful jerk.

So much for comforting him, she thought.