Part 17

Part Seventeen :

Mmm. She looks so normal which sucks. Sorry, Mr. Cross, but this is the best thing she can wear for their first date.

A simple white and pink checkered flannel shirt and skinny jeans - tada! That is the best outfit she can muster. White sneakers; and to finish her look, she tied her hair into a ponytail. She could not give herself a complete makeover because she isn't good with those things.

T^T Huhu.

This sucks. Giving herself one last look, she ran outside her room; but not before mumbling a silent prayer. She hopes that Mr. Cross won't leave her after this. As she entered the living room, she saw her vampire mate on the sofa.

His outfit is still the same from awhile ago. With his long sleeve dark shirt and denim pants, he still manages to catch her eyes. Sipping his brown mug of coffee, he put it down for awhile and stared at it hard.

Rys coughed.

"Sorry for making you wait."

Mr. Cross quickly stood up and turned to face her with a smile but froze as he saw her. Sh*t, she must be really that ugly. Rys averted her green eyes in pure shame.

٩( "I'm ugly-"

"I know," she whispered as she threw out a fake laugh and smile. He proceeded to gawk at her with that weird expression, almost causing her to cry in shame and sadness."

Finally, those words punched him. Ugly? What was she saying? Bled's eyes widened as he almost had an urge to slap her mate. "What the f*ck are you thinking?"

"You're beautiful."

_ "Damn damn beautiful," he added.

She faced him, and she saw the undeniable truth in his twinkling blue eyes. A blush formed on her cheeks as she scolded herself for having too low esteem.

So she's beautiful, huh?

Heh.

"Well, you aren't bad yourself," she whispered in an awkward manner, trying to push down the urge to squeal and jump from his compliment. Rys is beautiful? That's her first ever compliment she has received from a man.

Bled cannot help but blush. He wasn't really able to prepare himself for this date, so he doesn't really deserve that praise. Okay, be cool, Bled. He let out a smirk.

"Calling me handsome, eh?"

Rys's cheeks flared up as she didn't expect him to walk over her and give him a light pat on the head. He whispered those words, even using an intentional seductive tone.

That damn- "Bled!"

He chuckled at how cute she is when she glared at him with those bright green eyes. Sometimes, he thinks that she glaring at him all day would be a nice idea.

Yah, he knows.

He sounds like an idiot.