Chapter 33: Glad To Be Back

Hey guys!!

Merry Christmas! ♥

Who's enjoying vacation? 

I am :)) Okay so sorry for the long wait guys, gonna update again another chapter after this coz I've been so lazy lately. (And I can't have access on our PC)

This was supposed to be my Christmas present to you guys.... Anyway, here it is!!

Enjoy!

______~*~__________________________________________________________________________              

“How much longer?” Jake whined for the tenth time.

I took a deep breath and sighed. Trying to keep my composure and telling myself that I should be nice to him.

“I don’t know Jake, they said they’ll be here in a minute, just like I said umm…. five minutes or before that or…for the last HALF AN HOUR!! ” I replied in a sweet tone before screwing the cool façade and snapping at his face.

He smirked forcing himself not to laugh. “Wow Liz you’ll sure make a really good mom.” Jake answered mockingly.

I scoffed. “Bastard…” I murmured.

Then smiled at him, the fake smile I do when I’m trying to hide all the annoyance or being pissed at him. “Why thank you Jake and you sure are a very, very great kid. I’m impressed actually coz it’s very realistic how you act mature when you have the brain of a five year old, really it’s very impressive.” I replied smiling at him sweetly and for making a great come back.

“Well—”Jake started but he was cut off by my phone ringing.

I looked confused but when I looked at Jake he was smiling knowingly. I glared at his smile and answered the phone, checking the caller ID first.

“Yes?”

“Hey Liza…” Paula said in a hesitant tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by her tone; I can hear cars passing by on her background.

“Yeah? What’s up?”  I asked.

“Well here’s the thing… I’msosorrybutIcan’tcome.” She said the first part really slow, still hesitating I bet and at the end I can’t even comprehend a single thing she said.

“Uhhh what? Sorry you were too fast, can you say it again.” I replied, looking at Jake again, beaming like an idiot on the couch.

“Ummm I said… I… can’t go there right now, sorry Liz, it’s just… something came up.” She said, in a normal speed this time but I can see something was still bothering her.

“Ohhkay, it’s fine Paula, really you don’t need to worry, besides Jake’s here anyway so…” I said not really wanting to ask what came up because that would appear that I’m nosy or something.

Then there was silence on the phone. I shifted my weight waiting for her to reply.

“Jake’s there.” She replied in monotone not adding anything else, not even asking, she’s just stating a fact.

Then there was silence again and I can hear some beeping of cars on the background.

“Yeah he is.” I replied confused, she should be happy to know his brother’s here right? Or at the very least ask if I already forgiven him and stuff.