Chapter 29: Premonition to a Vampire War

Friendly A/N ahead of chapter:

I'm back, this book ends soon, and as bad as I feel about it, I'll write all chapters as soon as possible as apology for making you wait so long. No, hell that, I'm publishing them all in less than a week's time.

Sorry for being offline for so long, but we all go through that phase when growing up. I would say that I feel more mature, but meh. What would be a point if I grew up like other adults just because this world sucks, heck no - I'm staying a kid.

Plus, who'd want to be like grumpy grown-ups who only complain and want the world to abide to their rules? Not me, nu-huh. Even aliens avoid our planet when they see how they think.
Enjoy, I'm writing this at 03.30 am (I just wrote like 4k+ words worth chapter for dark mate and I'm on the next book. I plan to finish this first. I won't be writing Marcus' side story any time soon, but I'll publish a werewolf book called "Pack's Luna" I only have idea and cover of for now. Then is EWOB and MBNFH (billionaire 2 and 3, 10 chaps both min - nasty limits lol) and I'm left with Hybrid, Dark Mate and later MBNFH and... Wow, that's it? Well, I'm going with that next book after that :-)  enjoy now

Now, angry A/N for myself: FÙCK I MISSED TWO MONTHS OF MY SUMMER VACATION BECAUSE OVE BEEN DEPRESSED AND SLEPT 12-14/24 A DAY!! Fùck, kill me!!

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STUFF OF MY BOOKS, I LOVE YA ALL, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

___________________

Chapter 29:
†Prelude to the Vampire War†

It's been an entire week since Azra gave birth to her and Caine's son and she found it oddly enough that Luke haven't made a single move to attack them, especially after an ambush like that when he got both her and Saphyr.

She was currently sitting on a rocking chair with her daughter, Charlotte as they chose to name her, that was sleeping restlessly in her embrace. She was humming a lullaby she thought of at the moment, not really caring if it had cut and disconnected parts everywhere for she made something altogether. Truth was, Azra didn't know if the lullaby was more for her daughter, of for herself.

Her wolf was unusually absent from her head ever since she gave birth, and after she got accustomed to her constant pacing in her head after all those months, the silence now was killing her. She was no longer able to focus on her surrounding, she wasn't paying attention on it, while patiently waiting for her wolf to give a signal of its presence - little even, just enough to make her sure that she's still there. With her.

But she was giving up.

Seven days, over one and a half hundred of hours since she opened her eyes, she didn't hear even a single whisper from her. And it was killing her, so slowly and painfully that she feared that she'll soon lose her sanity.

Across the room, in the most further corner from where she was sitting, stood Caine learning on the wall. His predatory gaze never left her for a moment wondering if she'll be able to notice his presence. He came and left for three times since sun rose in the sky and she failed to notice his presence every one of them. He bit his lip, what does he do to help her? When Azra told him that she couldn't sense her inner beast, he could only guess that her wolf was quiet because she realized that she could no longer produce pups and that effected her terribly, but it seems like Azra herself was still unaware of that fact.

He gulped, how could he tell her that, he was a coward. But a coward that loved her and feared that she'll abandon him at the same time. It all happened because he left her alone and made her go through all the stress alone that this happened in the first place, he hated himself for that. Love, self-hate and cowardice; his mind was in constant battle with himself for the previous few days, unable to move on and speak.