Chapter 21: Shift and a Vampire

I've changed the name from "My Teacher is a Vampire" to "A Vampire and a Wolf"
And I'm in love with my new cover, I'm a genius to make it
_______________

†Shift and a Vampire†

First thing Alex noticed when she woke up is that she was in some kind of vehicle, probably a van or something. She took few seconds to regain her composure and recall what happened.

Caine rushed out of the house with that other guy, Mark.

They waited for hours and none of them came.

Saphyr talking.

And then He came.

Oh, God! He took them, didn't he?

"Saphyr?" she whispered to see if the girl was still with her since she was blindfolded and her arms and legs were tied on her back. She couldn't move.

"She's not here, my pet," she heard his voice say making her snap her head in direction of the it "She's in another van behind us... Very interesting name, but since when did you start caring enough to have a friend?" he asked making her snap her bite her lip before she said something to make him kill her.

"Well, okay. She's going to be a great toy for my men. I wonder if they already started with her..." her brain stopped after hearing that sentence leave his mouth. What did she drag the poor girl in.

Killing the last of rogue vampires that threatened to attack his territory, Caine spit on it's ash-like corpse. They shouldn't have expected nothing less from daring to attack him. Now, it's time to go back to...
'It's happening again,' he thought. For the second time since he found Alex, he couldn't feel her through their link. He glanced at Markus who elongated his fangs before letting a terrifying scream making everyone go silent. He glanced back at Caine and he immediately knew what was going on; even Marcus couldn't feel his mate. They didn't waste even a second before they both started running back to the house. They've tricked them, this was just a diversion, they planned to take them in the first place.

But one thing was still unclear; how the fùck did their bond break.

Caine once again glanced at his friend and frowned. Even though he is the King of Vampires and his possessiveness over Alex was huge, Marcus was the only one of his kind, his instincts were much, much worse.

By the time they returned to their home, any traces of their mates, even their scents were gone. Caine knew they were gone and that there's nothing they could do now so he punched the wall taking down the entire wall. He glanced at Markus once again only to see that he's gone. Where the fùck did he go?
'Everyone, track down Marcus. We're going into the battle,' he said to every vampire in their surrounding as he followed his friend's scent. As he said before, Marcus was the only one of his kind, maybe he could still feel his mate. And if they find Saphyr, they'll find Alex and that fùcker that dared to take them as well.

Marcus was running through the forest the fastest he could. He could feel Saphyr's fear, her discomfort. It was so big that he could feel it even though their link was somehow severed.
'Please, stop!' he heard her cry which only urged him to go faster. He didn't know where was he going, but his instincts were telling him that he was getting closer and closer to her.

Suddenly, it all stopped.

No, don't tell him she died. She can't!

"Marcus!" he heard Caine's voice but payed no attention to it. He couldn't accept the fact that his beloved is dead. He won't!

"Can you say in which direction they took them?" he asked and Marcus shook his head.

"I can't feel her anymore," he said in defeat. She can't be dead. He won't let her die!

"Relax, I can't feel Alex either, just tell me in which direction were you heading. They are probably still there," he said and Marcus bit his lip. Even though Caine's words should help him, he knew that the case was different with his mate. But for the sake of his sanity, he still hoped.

He hoped that Caine was right and she's safe and sound.
*    *    *    *

When Alex heard Saphyr's scream, she knew that she had to do something. There was a part of her, wild part of her raging to kill for she was this fat from her soul-mate and for her friend being tortured by his minions. All she could see was red.

"Let her go, you damn leech!" she growled in a voice that wasn't even hers.

"No!" he hissed. This wasn't supposed to happen. She wasn't supposed to shift.

"Azriela..." he warily said, but it was too late. In a matter of seconds her bones started cracking and moving into a suitable position for a wolf's body.

"Stop!" he commanded, but she only growled at him as she continued to shift.
'Kill him!' a voice urged in her head.
'No, Saphyr comes first. We need her safe'  Alex said back to the voice that calmed down. Friend above enemy, she agreed on it.

Her claws elongated and she easily ripped the rope tying her limbs and shifted in a white wolf. Her wolf was bigger than usual, almost a human height, as she threateningly growled at him before she rushed towards the doors destroying them and jumping on the next van that drove behind then. She threateningly growled before smashing her paw into the drivers set making the driver lead the van into a tree.

She immediately got off it and headed to the back destroying that doors at well and cringed at the sight in front of her. There were three vampires around Saphyr's beaten body.

She growled at them before going on them and ripping them to pieces. She lowered her head and studied Saphyr's body to check on blood. There was blood on her face, few bruises here and there, wounds on her limbs and stomach, but other than that, she seemed to have come just in time. She lied on the ground and lowered her head before pointing to her own back. Somehow, Saphyr understood what the wolf wanted to say and slowly got up on her knees before crawling on her back and grabbing a bit of her fur to keep herself in the place. Seeing that she's safely seated on her back, with a loud howl, Alex jumped out of the van and started running in the opposite way from the way the vans were headed to.

"Get them!!!" she heard him cursing from behind, but she knew it was useless. Even though they were vampires and she have just shifted, she was Alne. There was no bigger of faster wolf than her.

That was the sole reason Alne bloodlines were cursed to never shift, they were stronger than werewolf king himself. And that was unacceptable.

Around ten minutes after running from the vampires that couldn't catch up with her no matter what they've tried, she finally spotted another, bigger group of them. Just as she was about to run from them as well, she caught the familiar scent of Caine.
'Mate, go to our mate,' the voice once again said and she didn't even hesitate when she rushed in their direction.

When Caine saw a huge white wolf with a naked girl on it's back, he immediately knew who it was. And then he spotted a small group of Vampires behind them.

"Attack the vampires, the wolf is on our side!" he yelled and everyone rushed towards them, not doubting the words of their King for a second.

She rushed right through the Vampires heading toward Caine who kneeled down waiting for her. Just as she was five feet from him, a dangerously hissing Marcus got in her way.
"Marc? Is that you? I can't see you, Sir. Where are you?"