Chapter 28: Vampire and a Pup

Hello guys, long time no... Well, er we don't really see each other anyway, but... You get my point. This chapter will be more filler-like, and when I say that, I don't mean on "I'll put this only because I can't write", but precisely to make you want to read next one, which will come before Sunday. And yes, pup in tittle is their baby.

†Vampire and a Pup†

He glanced at the little creature in his arms, both with happiness and grief. Caine couldn't possibly dream while he was out at the meeting, that something like this would have happened. By the time he noticed pain through their link coming from Azra, it was already too late.

The labor began, but she couldn't take it so she almost fainted, maybe it was her wolf that stopped her from fully losing her consciousness not to endanger the pup. The only thing he could do was bring her almost-unconscious body to the doctor that gave his best to make them both survive, but at what cost? They had to perform c-section on her still awake, no medicines to dull her pain, but seeing as her skin was to strong for normal instruments, they had to use silver knife. It didn't matter that she was an Alne, the silver still had its effect and now...

He sighed before looking at the bed where she laid, still sleeping. She didn't open her eyes when once since that day and it all happened just three days ago. Her breathing was swallow, but steady which gave him hope that she was alright.

Doctor mentioned it being normal, that her state is result of her wolf forcing her body to resist shutting down to ease the pain and all pain she experienced from the silver knife had tired her.

He could only watch once again helplessly being unable to do a single thing. Hearing a light knock at the doors he gave a quiet hiss at whomever dared to interrupt him.

Sitting on the hospital chair while she laid next to him, Caine firmly held onto the girl she gave him - he haven't chosen a name yet, maybe she had one in mind, she did keep her in her belly the entire time. Azra must have thought on girl's name once or twice for sure. And Caine wanted to know it, to make sure she is involved in everything he has a say in as well.

"It's us, brother. Can we come in," he heard a voice of his oldest sister, Ana say at least as he turned his head at the doors.

"Sure," he replied, but seeing as he didn't say a single thing in three days, it sounded like a voice of someone who haven't got water in years.

"We're coming in," she said with Vladimir and Marc carrying Saphyr on his back after her. Marcus, although being the most feared vampire after Caine, was still acting carefree and like a child with his mate. They still haven't finished mating, and when Caine confronted him about that, he only said that she managed to tame his darkness and he was fine just being around her and sharing his bed with her. Not to add that he said: "Besides, not everyone in this world lives on sex, Caine. And not everyone is like you when it comes to it,"

Caine's lips curled to something that resembled smile when he recalled that event.

"Are there any signs of improvement?" Vlad was the first one to ask as Marcus helped Saphyr get off his back. Caine didn't reply which made them understand immediately - there was none.

"I'm an idiot, am I not?" he asked and Ana smacked his head.

"You even dare to ask?" was all she said with a glare that could send him six feet under the ground. Ana was stunning woman, she got Caine's black hair that reached her mid-waist, but it was just like always pulled up in a bun, unless she was alone with her soul mate - who, of course, was no one else but Vlad. Truly, you could say that they were siblings at the first sight, twins evens.