Chapter 15: Suspicious Vampire

†Suspicious Vampire†

"I can explain." was all Alex said covered in mud and leaves as Caine stood above her holding her panties in his right hand and a brand new pack with the napkins in his left with a glare.

"Please enlighten me as to why were your panties in my office on my chair where no one is allowed to come in?" she gulped to his response.

It all started few minutes ago...
- Half an hour earlier -

That smurf was way too nice towards her since they had that intruder. Sure, he was probably scared for her since she's his mate and all, but something was very fishy about it. For example, he won't let her go out to the kitchen to make a sandwich, instead he brought her the full tray of food. Not to say he wasn't all 'eat all that and go to sleep' usual self, instead he was all 'just ask if you need anything else', and that was definitely fishy.

She couldn't ask him what's wrong, since he'd lie anyway. So, the only thing left is to sneak out and find what's going on herself. But that sneaky mind-reader will... She started thinking about unicorns, that shall... She just got the better idea.

"Leech!" she screamed in her head "I need you." she continued and in a swift second, Caine appeared in front of her.

"What do you want?" he asked with an annoyed huff.

"Napkins." Azra replied bluntly with the first thing that came to her mind.

"What?" he blinked few times trying to understand what was she talking about. She wasn't on her period, he'd smell that much of blood from her, even if it's just a drop.

"I'll be on my period soon and I want to be prepared, so I need the napkins." all white lies, she was never prepared for that period of hell. All of sudden, she remembered how Anna explained to her what was a period, something like "uterus wants a baby, person doesn't want a baby - uterus wants revenge". Her lips twitched in a smile remembering that while Caine on the other hand wondered what to do.

If she comes outside of the house, she'd see the bloody message written on the broken window with a dead human outside, and he couldn't let that happen. Marcus was out of question for help, he went on a rampage when he found out that someone could possibly hurt his beloved, so they had to restrain him in a cell with the silver bars. He maybe was Caine's beat friend, but he was also the vampire responsible for the fall of America in the third world war. One vampire. Only him.

Besides, Caine knew that he'd thank him later for keeping that girl, Saphyr safe from him.

Sighing, he hissed at her with an annoyed 'fine' as he stormed out of her room.

"Make sure she doesn't take a step out of that room, and if she does, hide everything. I don't care if you have to dance naked on the other side, do it just to steal her attention. Understood?" he yelled-asked his servants on his way out earning a lot of bows and positive answers. Why the fùck is she still a human?

She was spying on him from the window and seeing as his cars drove away, she did a happy dance for her plan actually working as she rushed towards the front doors only to find out that they're locked. What?

"When the fùck have he locked the doors?" she wondered out loud. She knew that something was fishy.

"Hold on!" remembering that she had a hairpin in her hair, she took it out before using it to unclasp the lock in the doors. How? She had no idea, but the adrenaline rush was too big now for her to back down, so she opened the doors only to be met by the pair of vampiric eyes. Okay, what now?

"Hi?" she ceased her eyebrows. What the hell was that guy's doing there.

"Do you need anything, Higness?" he asked and she looked at him like he grew another head. Hell Higness, she's not even a lady!

"No?" she stated it more like a question. Did she need anything? Yeah, for him to move away.

"Oh, please step back in the room than, we're... Chasing a huge demonic rat that got stuck in the mansion." the man said it so good that Alex haven't doubted him even for a second. She heard that some vampires were talking about the demons, so demon rats... Who knows.

"Alright then, but please don't lock the doors, it makes me uneasy." she said before closing the doors and getting back inside.

She was wondering if one little demon rat could really represent that big problem, so she shrugged and got back in her bed. Five seconds later, she was back on her legs, there's no way he'd hide her from a rat this well secured. Something was really going on!

Seeing as the front doors aren't her way out, she decided to jump out of window. It wasn't that high, she was only on the second floor after all... But the ground still looked so bad. Was it raining? She haven't even noticed it.

"Here comes nothing." she said before jumping and landing on her feet. Just ad she was about to smile, her leg slipped and in the next second, she was on her but... More like she was with her whole body on the ground. And fùck, she was in only Caine's white shirt! How to explain that to him? Who cares, she'll deal with it later. She got up and something caught her attention. She was infront of his office, window of his office... Wide open, just waiting for someone to enter and enjoy inside of it...

But Caine would kill her... Well, Caine's not here anyway.

Being all on ninja mode, she used her hidden sixth sense (which was nonexistent) to sniff that her answer to his weird actions is indeed in his office. Time to find out the truth.

Alex sat down on the nice comfortable black, leather chair infront of his desk and started sniffling around it to find some papers that will somehow help her. What was she expecting, Alex had no idea, but after seeing as all of the drawers were locked, with a load sigh, she gave up sitting down annoyed. And that's when the all mess started as Alex heard the familiar sound of his cars parking.

She rushed like crazy, but then noticed one huge problem. Her panties somehow got stuck in his chair!

She chose the day not to wear anything but them under. She pulled and pulled, but the damn thing wouldn't even bulge! If he sees her here, he'd kill her, but there's a chance that he won't see her panties and she'll have enough time to steal them back when he's not looking, so she only had one choice-to really leave them. Just as she stepped out of them, she heard the doors cracking open and so without thinking, she jumped back through the window in some bush that for some fùcked up reason had thorns, but she covered her lips not to make a sound.

Caine opened the doors of his study, he thought he heard someone in there, and with the intruder around, you could never be too sure. Seeing as everything looked peaceful and clean, he decided to leave it amd just as he was about to turn around and go, he saw the muddy footprints on the floor. Who the hell did... Flashing to that place, he saw that they belonged to a woman, girl even. Glancing around, he saw another weird thing in his office, red panties stuck in his chair. What the hell?!

And then it hit him like a brick. Those fùcking idiots couldn't keep her in her room for the damn half hour! Moving to the window, he came to the utterly interesting sight of his beloved's ass hugging in the air, so he crossed his arms and coughed twice intentionally making her turn around.

"I can explain." was all she said with a smile as he raised his eyebrow. Oh, really?

_____________________
I've just got an idea, more like question for you, since you're my readers. I was wondering about writing Marcus' own story or mixing it with this one, what do you think? I'm more for... No idea.
ANSWER FAST, THE NEXT UPDATE DEPENDS ON whether you'll see mad Marcus wanting to kill everything or not :-)
1/3 of promised triple update (actually I'm planning on quadruple one, who knows, if I'm feeling fine)
OUT!