Chapter 14: Influence of a Vampire

†Influence of a Vampire†

"So, what are the salts of N2?" Caine asked her expectantly as she gulped.

"Nitrates?" she asked hopefully as he cracked his knuckles.

"Are you sure?" he rose his eyebrows and looked like she was debating with herself "My palms are twitching, Azra." he warned.

"Yes!" he said looking more confident and after some time of a serious stare he gave her, he suddenly smiled.

"There, it wasn't so hard now, was it?" he said grinning and her jaw dropped. That little.

"Why you... You scared me even thought I was right!?" she yelled at him and he only shrugged.

"You weren't sure. That's unacceptable." he simply said and she once again, for the billionth time wanted to claw his face.

"IIIa group elements. Now, by order!" he continued his questioning "I'll spank you twice for every wrong." was his threat and she gulped.

"Um.. Bor... Aluminum, Gallium... Indium and uh... Thallium?" she corrected herself when she saw him rising his eyebrow "I mean thallium! 100%" she gulped again looking at his cold eyes as he simply averted his eyes onto the next question.

"Halogen elements?" he asked looking at his paperwork about the building where they held her captive.

"VIIa Elements!" she exclaimed happily, she knew this "They are F2, Cl2, Br2, I2..." she started but he interrupted her.

"What are rhey mostly making?" he asked flipping the page.

The building was bought two weeks ago and there was no name of the one that bought it. It was like someone hid the informations, but who'd have enough power to do so and pass unnoticed by his people? And how the hell was that building sold to any slave owner without him being informed about it? There shouldn't be any slave centers for miles around this city.

"Acidless acids. Both acid and acidless have special..." he heard her answer and he rose his hand to stop her talking which she did.

"One more thing and you're free. The dinner is in 20 minutes giving you enough time to shower and relax a bit." he said before calculating a formula in his head.

"Burning reaction of alcan." he simply said leaving her to think.

She was thinking, where can you find burning of alcan? That's right, one of three ways to show burning of coal-hydrogens.

"Ethan... C2H6 and then we add some O2... I know, 2C2H6 + O2... No, 7O2 →CO2 + water, 6H2O with release of temperature!" she proudly exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Correct, now go and take your time." he said and she fist-pumped the air before storming out of his office before he remembered another question. He only chuckled at her reaction, before continuing with his research. Marcus killed totally 62 nobles there, and found 18 slaves that were alive, seven died on their transport and 38 were already dead. There were no guards, which meant that they fled once he got there, which means that they knew that what they were doing was illegal. Normal slave center request one guard on three slaves, so they were what? 58? And then there's Azra and that girl that's Marcus' mate, so approximately twenty guards fleet before his men that failed to notice a single one of them. In all honesty, who'd even have that number of workers? So far he knows, only eight people can afford that much vampires working for them... And he...

"Damn it!" he yelled before smashing this table as well. And they just bought it... He needs to find some other way to relieve his stress.

And with that he got up heading towards the kitchen to grab some blood. Now that he looks at it, he drinks less of blood, this mating stuff is making him drink only Azra's blood and no one's else.

She got out of the shower with relieved sigh before heading towards the mirror. Her butt still hurted, and it's all because of that brute idiot, couldn't he do anything else but spanking? Male's primitive brain!

She heard some footsteps in their room, so she guessed that Caine came to pick her up, so she yelled through the closed doors.

"Hold on a second, I have to dry myself." but he hadn't responded so she shrugged it off.
'Fine, I'm in the kitchen and you don't have to yell, I hear you in my head just fine enough.' he groaned through the mind-link making her eyes go wide.
'You mean... You're not the one in the room?' she asked assuming the worst.
'Room, why would I... Where are you?!' he asked realizing what she was indicating at. Someone was in their room.
'Bathroom...' she started, but he interrupted her.

'Stay there no matter what!' he yelled before storming to there. Who the fuck would dare to enter his room?

Storming in there with his vampiric speed, he broke down the the doors and glared at everything in his room. No one was there, but there was still that lingering feeling that showed him that someone was indeed here. And that someone was not a human servant or anyone he knew from the mansion at all.

Seeing as there wasn't any threat anymore he flashed infront of the bathroom doors before knocking them down as well before he spotted his mate, whom was naked in a fighting pose with a pipe from the towel hanger in her hands.

"Geez, could you gave been more louder?" she asked before lowering her weapon with a grin.

In the matter if a second, he flashed again infront of her and strongly hugged her breathing in her scent so he could calm down. He's going to kill the bastard that dared to come in.

"What's going on?" she asked and he flashed them both in some other room in the house.

"Nothing, just the guards will come in that room now and you're still naked." he hissed and she gulped realizing the situation she was in.

"Oh.. " was all she said trusting his words.

He, on the other hand sighed with relief that he managed to get her out of the room before she saw the bloody message written on the wall in his room.
'I found you!'
__________________
This is more like a filler chapter, but still...
Wuddya think?