Chapter 26: A caring Vampire

†A Caring Vampire†

The droplets of rain that have been falling so loud and fast as if they were angered by something, were the only thing stopping Caine from having a good vision of his queen, of Azriela.

He wasn't sure what to do, how to act and what to say. It was so confusing having her sit in front of him on the cold rain that he stood frozen as more and more his man started coming from behind himeven thought he previously told to the little group to leave. He wasn't really paying attention to them now because there she was, his Azra, right in front of him. Caine could swear that he had everything planned; from first gesture to last word he'd say on the day when he finds her, but now... Now he was thrown off the track. She clutched her legs to her chest as much as she could from her belly to cover her body from many intrigued eyes around her, and her hair that was now longer than the last time he saw her was helping her in doing so.

At that moment, Caine loudly hissed at everyone around him; he was reminded of her nudity that wasn't really bothering him moments ago.

"Leave!!" he roared once again into the deadly silence of their surrounding. The only thing indicating that the time was moving were those tiny, angry droplets. He didn't care about anything but his beloved at the moment. At that moments, Azra sneezed from the cold; she was shivering. That made him snap out of anything that was holding him captive as he quickly got to her side and took his cape before covering her instead. As vampires started to leave, they still kept stealing glances at the girl their King was taking care of; a werewolf. He was never good with werewolves before and they all knew that.

He quickly lifted her in his arms before using his unnatural speed to take her to his room. He didn't want anyone to see her like that.

When he came inside, he slowly placed her at the middle of his king sized bed before taking the cape away and bitting his lip. She was still about to look him in the eyes and was really, really dirty. She was covered in mud from head to toe, literally!

"Do, do you want me to run a bath for you?" he asked as she just kept her head low in a sitting position on the bed. He gulped again, what does he do? He wanted to treat her right, but he had no idea as to what should he be doing!

"Um," he stuttered "I... I guess that means yet," he finally said before heading to his in-room bathroom as she hide weak, yet sad smile. She won't lie, she missed him... Although she couldn't have him.

When Caine filled the tub and got back in his room to get her, he saw her eating some snacks that were left there as if she hadn't fed in years making him gulp. Okay, he can not screw that. He mustn't say or do something rash that will make her run again.

"It's ready," he said making her jump a bit as she realized that he was there and well. He almost cursed at himself, nothing rash his ass. She only nodded before getting up and heading his way as he blocked her. She gulped before weakly rising his eyes to stare at him.

He had a pained expression on his face as she stared back at him with a fearful one before speaking.

"I..." he gasped at that, he haven't heard her voice for so long.

"Sorry," he quickly said "Please continue what you wanted to say."

"I... Look, I know that you don't want to be with someone like me; someone who's both werewolf and Alne whom nobody likes and our child is probably a disgrace to your family and pure bloodline, bit i don't have who to ask for help at the moment. Just let me stay here until I give a birth to him and you'll never see me again if that's what you wish for. I..." her eyes became teary from her speech "I... Can't protect him on my own right now, so please, just... Just until he's born, please shelter us. I will even beg if I nee..." at that he hissed so loud that she immediately stopped speaking as she lowered her head in fear from him. Those last months were horrible for her, she was barely managing to avoid and escape anyone that could somehow harm beer and her son, plus she didn't get to eat properly and was lacking a lot of sleep since her escapes meant running for few days straight. But now, as she was getting close to giving birth, she couldn't manage it all together, plus she'll be as weak as fùck once it's over and anyone could harm him regardless of her presence; she'd be too weak to protect them.