Chapter Forty | Your Style

Just a warning, this is going to get steamy. In case you're not all that comfortable with that sort of thing, skip the first page, otherwise, happy reading ;) 

Have you ever woken up happy? 

Like, when you open your eyes and the corners of your mouth are curved upwards and you just instantly feel content. 

I never have.

Not until right now, with Flynn's forearm thrown over my stomach, his head taking up half of my pillow as his warm breath tickled the spot between my neck and shoulder. 

Bed hog. I loved that he was one of them. 

Last night seemed kind of like a dream to me now. I hadn't realised until Flynn had dragged me away from my house how not quite whole I had felt when I had been trying to avoid him. It was a strange sensation, but one I used to be familiar with before Flynn came into the picture.

Pre-Flynn, I was just waking up in the morning, going to work, doing the normal, everyday things without really having any enjoyment in what I was doing. It was like I was on autopilot, doing those things because I had to. There was no real reward in it, no proper happiness aside from having Marley and dad close by my side.

But the minute this beautiful man had stepped into my life, that had changed.

I, as corny and cliche and so unlike me as this was going to sound, had something to look forward to now. I had someone who made my heart burst with excitement, made my palms sweat, my face split in two from smiling. 

I had the love of my life snoring right beside me, and I wasn't planning on letting go of him anytime soon. 

"Flynn." Turning my head to whisper in his ear, he didn't respond at all, not even a twitch.

"Flynn," I tried again, this time my mouth touching his earlobe, brushing over his temple as I leaned more into him, feeling his arm tighten around me as I grinned like a madman. "Are you awake?" 

"No." Came the gravelly response. It was barely light outside, so I could understand his denial, but still. 

I had thought Flynn's sex hair was the most appealing thing ever. I was wrong. It was his I-am-still-half-asleep voice that topped the Flynn's sexy list officially. 

"I want you to wake up though." Another caress to his ear, his body shifting slightly as he rolled into me. 

"You'll have to make me wake up then." 

I smirked, knowing where he was heading with this. "But aren't you tired from last night?" 

At this, he cracked an eye open, those blues still fuzzy with sleep. "I will never get tired of nights like last night. Trust me on that." 

Now I was blushing, trying hard not to reminisce on what he'd done to me a few short hours ago, but that was hard considering we were both naked still, and his body was slowly moving more and more on top of mine. 

When I felt his knee nudge in between my thighs, I bit my lip, squeezing against it to stop him. His eyes cracked open, locking with mine in a way that stole my heart, stopped my heart. 

"I thought I was the one who was supposed to be waking you up." I whispered against his lips, because he'd lowered himself down, his mouth splitting into one of those private, intimate smiles where only I would get to see it. 

"You're not doing a very good job then, are you?" 

I heard the challenge in his voice as I pushed against his chest, making him roll off me, and slid over on top of him, his hands falling onto my hips as I settled over him. "Better?"