Chapter Thirty Two | Your Stuff Is My Stuff

I couldn't really remember the drive to Fynn's apartment. I was running through the doors before I knew it, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, my eyes still leaking with tears.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Sophie had just gotten assaulted, and I had ditched her while she was dragged off into the unknown with a guy I was sure we could trust, but I still couldn't let up that easily. 

We had gone out to go clubbing, for fucks sake, not get mixed up in this sort of bullshit that only happened in movies.

I reached Flynn's door, panting and basically just a complete mess, but I didn't stop to wonder what my face looked like right now as I brought my fist down repeatedly on Flynn's door, banging until I heard a lock click open, and then there he was, clean shaven, sleepy, clothes ruffled.

"Harlow, what's wrong?” Flynn said quickly once his expression morphed into a concerned one. I just stood there for a few seconds, feeling stupid and confused and a little bit terrified, until he reached out and pulled me to his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly. His hand moved to my hair, one stroking the mess while the other remained strong around my waist, and he leant back to look at my face as I tried to control the panic still inside of me. "Hey, what's wrong? Talk to me."

"S-Sophie got a-assaulted a-at the club-"

"Wait, what? Where is she?" Flynn led me over to the couch, pulling my down onto his lap as he sat down gently. "Harlow, calm down and talk to me."

I closed my eyes, breathing in deeply before letting it all out, words and all.

"Sophie and I were at that new club that's just opened downtown, and w-we were dancing for a couple hours," I paused, forcing myself to get past the sobs stuck in my throat before continuing. Flynn's hands were making soothing motions on my thighs, helping me calm. "I went to the bar to get a glass of water because it was getting hot, and this man came up to me and asked if Sophie was my friend. I thought he was just some creeper wanting to get into her, but he said that he was working undercover and he was part of the gang who ran the club. Some men where watching Sophie, and he said they were going to take her. I didn't believe him at the start, but when we went to leave, the men tried to stop us."

His hands tightened momentarily on my skin, making me feel safer with his touch. "One of them grabbed us and dragged us into a hallway behind the club. Sophie lashed out at him but he twisted her ankle and punched her, and I just didn't know what to do. Then this other guy appeared, and I thought he was going to hurt us too. But he knocked out the man hurting Sophie and rushed us out the back door, but he took Sophie. He said that he'd take her to a safe house and she'd ring me from there. I didn't want to leave her, but she said to go. So I came straight here." My eyes were leaking with tears again as I replayed what had just happened in the club.

Flynn looked a little pale, his forehead creased in concentration. "Did one man have weird coloured eyes?" He asked, and I thought back to Ethan, the guy who had helped us.

"Yeah, he was the one who took Sophie." I nodded, and Flynn swore slightly under his breath. "Flynn, do you know something?"

"I know that the new gang had got to town, and I knew that there's two men undercover in that gang, one of them being the strange eye colour guy." Flynn said, his eyes meeting my tear streaked ones as his thumbs raised and wiped my cheeks gently.

"Can we trust him with her?" I whispered, my eyes feeling wide and swollen and hazy.

Flynn gave me a small smile, nodding slightly. "We can. Right now I need you to tell me what the guy looked like who assaulted Sophie. I need to ring the station and send a crew down there to arrest him.”