Chapter Ten | Hot Greetings

"Are you home alone?" His voice was low, inviting, such a change from what it was not two seconds ago when I swore he was going to rip my head off for following two known gang members in my car at night.

When I phrased it like that, I suppose it did sound ridiculously stupid.

"No, Marley's in the shower upstairs." I said, frowning as Flynn stared down at me with his intense blue eyes, his mouth slowly starting to form a dangerous grin. I couldn't help but admire what he looked like with the moon as a backlight, his black hair ruffled and short, the slight tremor of wind playing with the strands on the top of his head, the night glow enhancing his tanned skin, his eyes glowing.

And then, he pushed me inside and shut the door, then turned to look at me with a full shit eating grin that was 50% danger, 50% promise.

"What are you doing-" I wondered out loud, slightly shocked, but he just shook his head and stepped closer, blocking my view to the door, his shoulders looked that large.

"Flynn-" I tried again, getting a little flustered. Marley had just gotten in the shower, and he took like twenty minutes, so it wasn't like he would appear suddenly to help me out here with this police officer turned predator.

Because that's what Flynn was tonight. A predator.

And the bastard knew I didn't have any help. I was stuck. What was he even doing-

Big hands settled on my hips, my heart jack hammering and taking off like the kid who didn't hear the start gun in a sprinting race and had to run extra fast to catch up.

And I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth and say anything, when he lowered his head, and pressed his lips to mine.

Was I dreaming? Who had taken over Flynn's body and- oh, god, he knew how to kiss. Before I knew it, I had my hands trailing up to his shoulders as I responded to his kiss, his lips moving persausavely against mine. They were soft, warm, and parted my mouth in a matter of half a minute as my hands gripped his neck and pulled him in closer, his hands tightening against my hips, aligning our bodies as I gasped at the feeling of his belt digging into my stomach.

He didn't miss the opportunity, his tongue slipped into my mouth and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Serious trouble.

As he started to move with a greater urgency, his back hit a wall and I didn't even realised we'd moved until I felt the hard surface behind me. Was I complaining? Hell no. I felt crowded, completely surrounded by this guy with the big shoulders and strong arms and thick neck, and the way he pulled my bottom lip in between his teeth, then returned a full assault on my mouth, I was gone.

Lost. Completely out of whack.

It was when I felt one of his hands moving under my shirt, I heard my saving grace call out to me from somewhere far above.

"Harlow! We're shit out of soap, did you get some at the supermarket today?"

My eyes shot open and I gasped, shoving Flynn off me, and quickly gained my bearings. The walls were beige, I was in the entrance way, right. I could see the open plan kitchen from where I stood, and the coat hanger behind Flynn...

Oh god, Flynn.

He wasn't smiling when I looked at him this time. Far from it, actually. He looked confused, angry, frustrated, but it seemed to be aimed at himself. "Flynn-"

"Fuck, that was a mistake, sorry." He hissed, scrubbing his hands through his hair roughly. I opened my mouth again, then closed it, feeling the tiniest bit of hurt at his comment.