4- Here Comes The Trouble

Lauren's POV

It was kind of weird how Sebastian came up to me while I was at my locker and asked me if I wanted to hang out with him and play basketball. I mean, he even commented on my legs. What if he liked me? This very thought got me smiling like an idiot. Maybe things were going just the way I wanted them to.

But then there was Dani. She was probably wondering who Sebastian was. What would she possibly be thinking right now? I hoped she wasn't thinking we were boyfriend and girlfriend. What if she texted Lisa that I was hanging out with this guy? Oh no! I had to talk to Dani about this! For all I knew, she had probably already texted Lisa saying that I was dating him!

"Are you okay there, Lauren? You look kind of scared," Sebastian asked, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I'm fine," I replied, shrugging it off.

"Don't worry, you'll be on in a while. Can't wait to watch you play". His smiled made me so weak in the knees! I was falling for this guy. Hard.

Honestly, I was kind of lying when I said I liked basketball. I didn't really like it because I hated getting all sweaty. Sure, I was half-tomboy, but only when it came to clothes and skateboards. Basketball just wasn't my thing. But I had made the right decision. I felt happy and...I felt as if I fit in; something that I thought would never happen.

"You're on, Laur. Good luck!" Sebastian said with a wink. That once again got me weak in the knees and made my stomach go all weird and everything.

The whistle was blown and everyone started running, trying to get the ball. Where was I supposed to shoot? I had no tag so I assumed I was on the no-tag team and started following them.

"YES!! GO FURRY DIAMONDS! Pass the ball to Lauren!" Sebastian yelled from the sidelines. Furry Diamonds? What kind of name was that?

Finally the ball was passed to me. I dribbled the ball towards our side and somehow, I still had control of the basketball.

"SHOOT, LAUREN, SHOOT!" Sebastian called out. Oh no. I was terrible at shooting even though I was tall. Just keep calm and shoot, I told myself.

"COME ON, LAUR!" I heard Sebastian shout as I kept bouncing the ball, thinking of what to do.

I decided to stop over thinking everything and to just shoot. Everything seemed to be going so fast but I knew that the ball had gotten into the hoop because everyone was cheering for me.

"YESSS!!" Sebasian shouted, throwing his fist into the air as if he was the champion.

Dani's POV

The bell rang before I could even say one word to my friends. All they said to me was "hello" and "sit down". For the rest of recess, Reanne and Lily just talked to each other. I felt so isolated from these people. I actually thought they were my friends, but who was I kidding? I admit I was really jealous. Lauren was probably enjoying herself, playing basketball with other people. She was definitely having the best time of her life, whereas, I was stuck here with fake friends and nothing else.

I walked all alone to my locker to get out my books for French. I knew a bit of French because I had learned some of the language while I was homeschooled. To my surprise, Lauren was also there.

"Hey!" I said, faking my smile to hide my true feelings.

"Hi, Dani. Did you have a good recess?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah," I lied. "You?"

"Best time ever! I played basketball and actually got the ball in the hoop!" Lauren laughed. I knew it. She was definitely enjoying herself.