3- A (Sort-Of) Fine Start To The Day

Dani's POV

"Good morning students of Oakville High. Can I please have Lauren and Dani Cimorelli report to the office immediately? Lauren and Dani Cimorelli!" the overhead speakers announced.

"Hey Lauren, that's us!" I nudged Lauren as I realized that we had just been called to the office.

"Yeah, I know. Why would they call us?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know, but there's the office!" I replied, pointing at the blue sign that read OFFICE-->.

As we walked towards the office I started getting more nervous. What if that girl that had called me a loser before dobbed in on us because Lauren spoke back to her? But then I realized I was just being crazy. I mean, surely she wouldn't have done that! We were probably only called to collect our student timetables. Right, that's what we were called for. Nothing else.

"Lauren, you go in first," I whispered as we got closer to the office door.

"Fine. I'll show you who the braver one is!" Lauren joked as she knocked on the door.

"Come in!" a kind voice called out. We went inside and were greeted by a woman of around 25 years of age, wearing a pretty floral dress and a green denim jacket. What was a fashionable girl like her doing here? She looked like she belonged in the New York streets, among all the other fashionable icons.

"Hello miss. I'm Lauren Cimorelli and this is Dani Cimorelli," Lauren said nervously.

"Oh yes, the Cimorelli girls. Why don't you both follow me? I'll get you your timetables and print out a map of the school for you. Now, I see that you're both in different grades. Lauren, you're in 11E and Dani, you're in 8J," the kind woman explained.

"Thank you," I said as I collected my timetable. I quickly glanced at it and, straight away, I saw that my first class of the day was English in Block E7.

"You're welcome. I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Miss West and I'm the school counsellor so, if you have any concerns, you know where I am!"

"Alright, thanks Miss West. We'll find our way to our classes. Oh, and, what do we do with our bags?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, yes, we need to get you girls a locker. Would you like your lockers to be right next to each other?" Miss West asked. Duhh, of course we do! I wanted to say.

"Sure, I don't mind!" I said instead.

"Alright, meet me here again when the recess bell rings. I'll see you then!" And that was our cue to leave.

"Dani, we don't always have to be together. I actually want to meet some new people. Having our lockers right next to each other is going to be, well...I don't know. But I really don't want our lockers to be next to each other," Lauren explained in a sad tone as we walked out of the office together.

"Well, why didn't you speak up? We can't just go back and say we don't want our lockers next to each other anymore! Just deal with it. Gosh!" I yelled, walking away in a hurry to English. I was already too late and I didn't want to speak to Lauren again. She always wanted everything to be her way. Why couldn't she just accept things the way they were?

Lauren's POV

That sudden outburst from Dani really surprised me. She usually wasn't like this. What changed her all of a sudden? Did she really want to be with me all throughout high school? I actually wanted to meet new friends and become more social. Being with Dani every single time at recess and lunch wasn't going to make that happen.