The Christmas Party

Hey, hey, hey!! Your Christmas present from me!!! Hope you like it!! :D

And, I'll say this once more: I WILL UPLOAD NO MATTER HOW MANY VOTES AND COMMENTS!!! THEY JUST BRING A FASTER UPLOAD BECAUSE I AM MORE MOTIVATED!!!! SO PLEASE STOP TELLING ME HOW MUCH YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHEN I DO THAT!! I wouldn't know what you guys think about my story if you didn't comment. But if you guys honestly think I put that up and only upload when you reach the requirements (which I don't), and it bugs you that much, then fine, I won't.

Cover's by XxCupcakeForYouxX! Thanks!!

Oh my gosh!!!! I reached chapter thirty!!!!! I am having a very hard time believing I managed to write this far or else the original One and Only was only twelve chapters cause it was rushed and horrible. :( But I owe this all to you guys! Thank you very much!!! :D

And the next chappie...

______________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Thirty - The Christmas Party

I got up and walked to the kitchen before crumpling the red cup in my clenched hand. I scowled as I threw the damaged cup into the black garbage bag.

Why did I even care that he was only paying attention to Carrie? He had, after all, seen her, his childhood best friend, after a year. It wasn't like they were flirting and giggling, they were just having an ordinary conversation. But that was just it, I wish I could talk to him. I wish I could sit close to him. I just wish things would go back their accustomed ways, without any recollection of such a horrendous fight, that's only hurt the both of us.

I was still agitated that he wouldn't even listen to what I had to say two days ago, but I didn't want to be exasperated. I was honestly tired of being mad at him, because I can understand what he must feel, but that still didn't give him the right to completely ignore me and not listen to my explanation. He should've listened to me! Then we'd be back to the habitual ways, and I wouldn't have had to spend the last two nights all alone, away from his warm embrace.

I didn't get any good sleep in the time we've been infuriated at each other. I spend half the night thinking about all that's been going down, and the other half missing the proximity of his body. The bed felt alienable, not as comfortable as his, but maybe that was only because he wasn't laying beside me as I slept in the foreign-feeling room.

Even now, I was exhausted and ached for nothing more than to just tell him my reasons and hope everything would turn out fine. But that arrogant prick, wouldn't listen to a single word I had to say, whether it was regarding the tentative subject of our fight or not.

I sighed, inhaling deeply in through my nose and letting it out my mouth, as I lay my head in my hands which rested on the granite kitchen counter.

"Jade!" I heard a familiar voice squeal from behind me and two small hands squeeze my sides.

I gasped in surprise and turned around abruptly. "Rose!" I exclaimed and smiled brightly as I noticed the whole group was here. "Hey, everybody!" I called out, enthusiastically. I had truthfully missed hanging out with them.

"Hey!" Emily.

"'Sup?" Alex.

Liam simply nodded his head like he was too cool to say any form of a greeting. I rolled my eyes, typical Liam.

"What are you doing in the kitchen?" Rose asked.

"Er, getting a refill?" I answered, unsure.

Alex laughed, his chest rumbling, "Not to be a downer or anything, but I'm pretty sure you need a used cup in order to get a refill."