Overconfidence is Never a Good Thing [Pic. of Steve]

Okay so earlier upload than it has been in while. :) But I must warn you, once my school starts again in nine days, it'll be back to once a week uploads. And I'm truly sorry for that but I can't manage early waking, school, homework, and then late sleeping on top of that. I'll dedicate an hour of writing every night, and extra over weekends. :) Yes, I am a slowpoke when it comes to writing/typing the chapters. I just almost thoroughly think through what a write, and then see what would happen if I put it differently.

150 votes and 60 comments, please!

Picture of Steve to the side. (Noah's dad)

Hope you enjoy! Beach house stuff'll be next chapter!

_________________________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Nineteen - Overconfidence is Never a Good Thing

I don't like Noah. Of course I don't. I tried to explain this to Rose in the long period of time I was at her house, but she simply refused to accept anything otherwise.

I don't like him as anything more than a friend. Okay, so I get tingles when he touches me and want more than just a small touch. Whenever he's not around I'd really like him to be, but that's normal...I guess.

Of course I don't like him. I thought and yawned. "I don't like him..." My sentence trailed off as I drowned in ocean eyes framed with golden brown eyelashes surrounded by sun-kissed skin and light brown hair that swept to the side, grazing the right eyebrow.

My heart contracted slightly. Even in my sleep he did wonders.

[*]

I was currently drumming my fingers against the leather interior of Noah's car while we were driving to Los Angeles. It's been a quiet ride so far, but that's probably because I was still befuddled by what Rose said. Why did it matter that she said I liked him? If it wasn't true, I shouldn't be pondering over this, right? I should be over and done with it.

I sneaked a glance at Noah. His left hand was lightly holding the steering wheel while his right one was on my thigh. The gesture was so casual I hadn't even raised my eyebrow when he'd done that, but I was still hyper aware of the fact that it was there. Thank god I had chosen to wear skinny jeans or else I'd have to live through an hour of the blissful torture his hand would give me due to the contact of our bare skin.

"Does Jane still have a fever?" I asked him, trying to break the silence and make small talk. When I had seen her yesterday when I'd come over for swimming lessons, she'd looked okay to me, but I just wanted to make sure.

He glimpsed at me for a second before concentrating on the road again, "Yeah, she's perfectly fine now."

I breathed out a sigh of relief, "I'm glad she's okay. I was worried."

"Yeah, me too." he says distantly.

This atmosphere is because of what almost happened yesterday in the empty classroom. I wonder how tense it'd be if we actually kissed. Though that doesn't sound so bad...I shook my head, once again, trying to rid my mind of such thoughts. Come on, Jade, pull yourself together. No other boy has ever had this effect on you before, so why does he?

The song 'Find Your Love' by Drake started playing on the radio and Noah turned a small knob to increase the volume. He started singing along to it, not loudly, softly.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, causing him to snap his head to me sharply and then grimace, "Your singing is amazing!"

He rubbed his neck, "And I thought you were going to say something more important."