First Day of School (Part 2)

"Let's go before we're late, Rose." I said and we walk away.

"What's your next class?"

"Dance."

"You like to dance?"

"I love to!"

"I wish I could dance good. I'm only okay at dancing. Anyways, I have Art so you just take a right ahead, go down the stairs, and the third door on the left should be your dance class." she instructed.

"Thanks and bye!"

"Bye Jade!"

I did as she told me and thankfully I got to dance class.

I walked in to see Noah again.

Seriously?!

He looked at me in surprise, then went back to talking to his friends.

Ms. Daisy split us up so the boys were on one side of the classroom and the girls the other side. We warmed up for ten minutes, and then she demonstrated a couple of dance moves we are to follow. That's easy for me, because I can pick up dance moves the second someone shows me. I dance like no one is watching; after all that is how you are supposed to dance. I'm really glad Ms. Daisy didn't make me introduce myself. I fit right in. Good thing Blon-Emily isn't in this class!

Near the end of class, Ms Daisy let us do whatever we wanted to and most of us just chatted.

I went to my third period when the bell rang, and it went by quickly, thankfully with no Noah. Soon, it was lunch. I found Rose waving me over to her group. I walked to it.

"Hey J! This is Tricia, Jane, Alec, and Cole." she pointed to me, "Everyone, this is Jade. She's new here." They all greeted me happily. Tricia and Cole were twins and both had blond hair and blue eyes. Jane had light brown hair and hazel eyes. Alec had black hair and grey eyes. I quickly found out that Tricia and Alec were going out while Jane and Cole were going out, and they all looked like happy couples. They mostly talked to each other, leaving Rose and I out.

I looked behind Rose (she was sitting in front of me) and saw what I guessed was the popular group. Emily and Alex were sitting on either side of Noah. Emily was practically draped over him, but Noah didn't really seem to care. A mischievous smile formed on my face when I see Alex staring at the back of Rose's head.

"Rose, guess who's behind you?" I smirked.

She shot me a confused look and turned around, and caught Alex staring. Their eyes locked and I swear they stared at each other for five minutes straight! But then Rose quickly turned back around while Alex was still transfixed.

"Rose, d'you want to switch places? You know, so you can see Alex better?" I teased her.

"No, I wasn't...it's not..." Rose stuttered, her face turning beet red.

"It's okay, Rose. I know you like him."

"Is it that obvious?" she groaned. "Do you think he knows? That's so embarrassing!"

"Calm down! Oh, he better know. After all, he actually does spend half the day staring at you."

Her eyes widened in shock, "Do you think he likes me?"

Of course! I said slyly, "I don't know, does he?"

She frowned to herself, deep into thought. Hm, now time for Alex.

After about another five or ten minutes, the bell rang.

I waved goodbye to everyone at the table, as well as Rose, who looked still deep in thought but walking towards her next class. I wonder if she was thinking about Alex.

The rest of the day went by in a blur and before I knew it, I was walking towards my car after the final period. There was a steel colored 2002 Cadillac right next to my car. That car is beyond amazing!

I was just about to open my car door when Alex came up to me, "Hey Jade!"

I turned around, "Hey Alex!"

"Yeah...uh, I was wondering if...um...well...does Rose talk about me? Ever?"

Yes! Now I know for sure that he does like her back!

"Well, it's only been a day, but she does seem to get really nervous when you're around. Why do you ask?" I asked, blinking innocently.

"Uh...no reason. Do you think she likes me?" he sounded hopeful.

I almost wanted to tell him yes. Almost. "Does she? I don't know. You can figure that out yourself."

He mumbled "thanks" and stumbled away, deep in thought, like Rose. I was so happy I was actually helping them.

I was about to get in my car when I saw Noah and Emily walking towards the Cadillac. Oh shoot! So it was Noah's car! He was probably going to drive her home.

I opened my car door and was about to sit inside when I heard her annoyingly high-pitched voice sneer, "So you're not following Noah?" Emily's so annoying! I didn't think I'd ever get tired of saying that.

I suck in a deep breath and rolled my eyes. "You know what? Shut up." I didn't wait for her response and slammed the door in her face, and drove off for home.