Wonderful Rain

Hey! Pretty early upload! Well, I don't really have much to say, but that please read my current story ideas and help me choose which one to write first. :)

Oh, oh, oh! And don't forget to vote and comment!

______________________________________

Chapter Twelve - Wonderful Rain

I woke up to buzzing. Stupid fly. Not letting me sleep. I close my eyes again only to feel it land on my face. It's small hairlike legs tickling my face. I swat at it but only end up slapping myself, hard.

I groaned and got up to see the fly on my nightstand by my bed. "Why did you have to wake me up?" I asked it, but it was too busy rubbing its first two hands...er, legs together to answer. Wait! Is it getting ready to like poop on my nightstand? Don't they rub their legs together or something before they do that?

"Oh so, you're going to wake me up AND poop on my nightstand? Well that's quite the 'how do you do'." I take the English textbook that was lying close to it and try to kill it, but it only flies away.

I was talking to a fly, how sad is my life?

I fall back down on my bed and realize that I can't go back to sleep, so I get up. I drag my feet into the bathroom and look at my complexion. It's like the color's been drained out of it but most of the puffiness from last night is gone. Though, my eyes are still slightly red.

I get into the shower and massage my eyes. I know it sounds weird but it does get rid of the redness, and the shower itself gets rid of the puffiness.

When I step out of the shower, I notice that it's 9:34. Stupid fly didn't let me sleep. Maybe I'll just take a nap around noon.

I look out the window and see Noah's house. I feel a stab in my heart. It hurts so I quickly look the other way and decide to go down for some breakfast.

I cautiously walk down the stairs since I usually almost trip every time. I walk into the kitchen without any trips over invisible objects. Hey, I'm getting better with my balance skills! Yea-woah! I clutch onto the granite island to keep from falling over. I tripped over a see-through plastic bottle on the ground. Actually, in reality there wasn't really anything there, but it's just what I tell myself to make me feel better.

It's amazing how much I'm trying not to think about him. And there it goes! I'm thinking about him again! Stupid brain!

I march over to the refrigerator and take out the milk carton. Then I march over to the cabinets containing mugs and pull one out. I look at it to see that it's my favorite one! The background was of white mountains and right in the dead center was the abominable snowman in 3D, but his head was too big so it was taller than the actual mug. I poured the milk into it. I went into the pantry and took out the cookie mix that I hid from my mom so she didn't finish it all. She doesn't even share!

This is what I do when I'm sad. I don't get a bucketload of ice cream, but a plate stacked high with cookies and a glass full of milk. I don't know why, but it relaxes me.

I made the batter and stuffed it into the oven. After around 15 minutes, my cookies were ready. I smiled as I smelled them while I was taking the pan out.

Yummy, yummy, yummy. Cookies!

I took all twelve onto a plate and went to sit down on the couch with my breakfast. I turned on the TV to...Spongebob!

As I was peacefully sitting there watching TV and stuffing my face with cookies while slurping milk, just kidding, I don't slurp milk, the phone rang. I sighed and got up to walk over to the home phone. I picked it up and went back to sit down on the couch.

"Hello?" I asked, not really paying attention.

"Hola, mi hermosa hija!" I smiled as I heard my mom's excited voice. Her and her Spanish. Most of the time she says random greetings in Spanish, this time she said 'hello, my lovely daughter'.

"Hola, mi mamá loca." I giggled as I said that. I just called her crazy, which she is, no doubt.

"Hey, I'm not crazy!" she protested.

"Yes, mom, you are. Remember that one time you ran after that poor old man with a ruler because he took the last strawberry cupcake at my elementary graduation?" She had seriously chased the old man for a cupcake.

"I really like strawberry cupcakes..." I could just imagine her sticking her bottom lip out.

This made me laugh more.

"So? What have you been up to?" she asked me.

I usually tell my mom everything, but I didn't want to tell her about the whole Noah thing. Plus, it'd be embarrassing if I said, 'oh yeah, he comes around all the time through the balcony and the last time be was here, he made me forgive him through a sexual way'. Yeah, I wonder how that would go down.

"Nothing really. Just the usual. School and homework."

"You don't have a social life, Jade!" she asked me, shocked.

"Yes, mom! I do have a social life!"

"Then what are you doing home doing homework!"

"I need to do it for good grades, and good grades means I get into the university I want to!" I explained to her.

"Well, you can still live a little."

"When are you coming back, mom?" I diverted the subject.

"I told you the day I left, remember?"

I thought about it, and blushed slightly remembering that I was too wrapped around Noah to notice. Then the thought of him made me angry, but I pushed that down and sheepishly answered, "Mom, I was sleeping."

"You're always sleeping!"

"No! I'm awake right now!"

"I'm surprised you're awake. How are you up anyway?"

"A stupid fly woke me up." I muttered.

"Did you talk to it?"

"Psht...no, of course not! Haha!" I forced a laugh.

"Don't lie to me, Jade." she told me in a playing voice.

"Okay, so maybe a little." I tangled my fingers in my hair on the back of my head.

"And how much is a little?" she pondered.

"Well I asked it why it woke me up, but it was getting ready to poop so I told it that its gonna wake me up AND poop on my furniture. Then I tried killing it, it didn't really work out too well. I did scare it away though!" I said the last sentence happily.

I heard my mom's loud, crow-like laughing, not to be mean but it was true. "Oh, Jade, what would I do without you?"

I laughed along with her. "But, seriously, mom, you didn't answer my question."

"What question?" she sounded confused.

"When are you coming home?"

"Oh right! I'm coming back next Saturday. I told you I'd be gone for two weeks last Saturday."

"Oh, right."

"Jeez, Jade! Why are you always distracting me from doing my work!" she scolded me.

"B-b-but...you're the one-" I started to say before she rudely interrupted me.

"No, Jade, stop distracting me!" She hung up.

I shake my head at my mom. She calls me, talks to me for like half and hour and then blames it on me for making her get off track! The lady is really whacked up. But I love my mom.

I smiled as my mom had put me in a better mood.

Twelve cookies, two glasses of milk, and three Spongebob Squarepants episodes later, I didn't know what to do.

Hmmm...I'm running low on books to read, so I should go get one. I need to get the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy anyway.

I drive up to Barnes and Nobles, which is an absolutely amazing bookstore. I get out and walk in to be greeted by one of the employees. He was aging and had a bald head with a beer belly, but he seemed nice. "Can I help you with anything, miss?" he asked me politely.

"Y-no, I'm good." I smiled at him as I say the book I was looking for.

"Have a nice day." he told me.

"You too," I said and walked towards the shelf with the book 'Mockingjay' by Susan Collins. It had a light blue hardcover with a white mockingjay that had its wings spread as if it were flying on the front cover. It was kinda cool how each cover had something with the mockingjay on it and how it symbolized what the book was about. Like how in the first one, it was the pin and how they're caged in and have to listen to everything the Capitol says. In the second one, the mockingjay is beginning to spread its wings, but it looks as if its being targeted since Katniss created havoc in the first one and gets threatened to be killed. In the third one, it shows how the mockingjay is free to do as it wants.

I buy the book and the lady behind the cash register says, "Have a nice day!"

I smile in return and walk out the store and back towards home. While I was turning on the music, I say that the time read 12:54.

I reach home half an hour later because it's lunch hour and there was a huge traffic jam. As I walk in, book in half and ready to have some lunch, my phone vibrates.

I place the book down and see who texted me.

Noah: We have dance practice today.

Me: I'm about to eat lunch.

Noah: Well, come over after your done.

Me: Fine.

I sigh and put my phone down and turn around to think about what to eat. I finally settle on a crunchy granola bar since Noah texting me had killed my appetite. Pity, I had been so hungry.

I had ate especially slow, chewing twenty-five times per bite like your supposed to. Well, at least that's what I read in a Garfield comic book in fourth grade.

I soon realized that I couldn't prolong it much longer. Plus, we only have five days to finish it all up and currently, we have three-fourths of the song. We can make up moves for the last quarter today, which leaves us four days to practice the song as a whole and polish up moves and make it perfect.

I walked out the back door and jumped the fence to land in his backyard and a several yards in front of the place we practice.

Once I'm right in front of the door leading into the indoor swimming pool, I hold the handle tightly and take a deep breath. 1...2...3...twist and push. I step inside to realize that he's not in there like usual. I guess he got an early start?

As I'm about standing outside of the room we practice in, I realize that there's no music playing or anything. I push the door open to confirm my suspicion, he's not in there. I'm about to turn around when I remember that he has another door that leads into the gym. I walk across the room on the foam ground and reach the other side in seconds. I open the door and peer in, and there he is, in all his glory, lifting weights while sitting on a bench press. He's faced the opposite way, but as I walk closer to him, I come to see that he's shirtless and sweaty. Thank god he's sweaty, or else I wouldn't be sticking to my resolve of being mad at him.

I walked until I was standing directly in front of him. "I thought we were supposed to be having dance practice."

"I was just waiting for you so I decided that I might as well work out a little..." he trailed off, sounding uncomfortable, as if not trying to say something that'll tick me off.

"Okay, well take a shower. I'll be outside working on the last part of the song that we have left." I told him, walking off. Maybe he wouldn't bring it up.

I was almost to the door when I heard his voice, "Wait, Jade. Listen to me?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, "I'm done talking about it. Go take a shower." I mustered up a strong voice.

I heard him sigh and a door open to, what I'm guessing is the shower. I walked out too.

Ten minutes later, he came out with his wet hair dripping a little.

"Okay, so we only have about 30 seconds of the song left. We should finish it up right now."

He nodded and I showed him what I came up with while he had been taking a shower.

After I don't know how long, we were finally done. I was beyond relieved because the ordeal had been really awkward.

"Since we're done, I'm gonna go now." I told him and didn't wait for him to reply and just stepped out into the gloomy day.

It's been really cloudy lately. Seems like it's going to rain sometime.

[*]

"I think you should really listen to him, Jade." Rose told me as she took a bite of her cookie dough blizzard.

We were sitting at Dairy Queen, enjoying ice cream and catching up, on a nice Sunday afternoon, when she had abruptly told me this.

"A part of me wants to, but another just wants to stay mad at him forever." I spooned out a big bite of my cookies n' cream blizzard.

"Which part's bigger?" she asked me, eyebrows raised.

I didn't answer, but my silence did. We both knew which part was bigger, and I was too embarrassed to admit it.

"Just hear him out. It's hurting him as much as it's hurting you."

I scoffed, "I doubt it. If it did, why would he play me in the first place?"

"He probably didn't realize it then, but he does now."

"But it doesn't hide the fact that he was playing with me while messing with other girls."

"It's in his nature," she pointed out, "Whereas you and I see that it's a big thing, he doesn't cause he's so used to doing it to so many girls that, honestly, didn't give a frick as long as he was noticing them."

She did have a point. Maybe he just didn't think it'd hurt me so much. I sighed, wanting to change the subject, "So, how are things between you and Alex?" I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively at her.

She giggled, "He's really sweet, and I'm going to see his parents tonight."

"Don't worry," I said.

"Worried? I'm not worried. What are you talking about?" she said quickly.

"Not worried?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, chuckling at her freaked out expression.

"Okay, so maybe a little. What if they don't like me? What am I going to do?" She put her head in her hands.

"Hey. It's okay. They'll love you. It's practically impossible not to. And besides, even if they don't, it's still okay cause it's not like Alex is going to stop liking you." I reassured her.

She calmed down a bit and smiled brightly, "You're right, Jade! There's nothing to worry about."

"Just be yourself, whether they like it or not."

She nodded her head and we continued talking about really random things. Mostly about her sibling stories and my crazy mom stories.

As I drove home, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I should listen to what Noah has to say.

[*]

Two days have passed and Noah and I have haven't talked properly since last Thursday. It's currently Wednesday, which means it's been six days that I've been mad at him for.

Life isn't as fun as it is with him. Heck, I even miss him making fun of me, which is saying a lot.

Today, as I walked into History, I didn't think it'd be any different than the usual silence between us, but I was wrong. The only pencil I had's tip broke off and Mr. Johnson wouldn't stop talking so I could get up and sharpen my pencil. The nearest table was pretty far, too, and I couldn't speak too loud or else Mr. Johnson would get mad. So that left me with only one option, to ask Noah.

"Uh, hey, Noah?" he looked at me surprised that I had spoken, but I could see a bit of...happiness?

"Yeah?" he sounded kind of eager that I was Gallic to him.

"Do you have a pencil? Mine broke."

As I said those words, his face fell. "Oh, yeah, sure. Here." he handed me his and turned around to get a new one out.

Shortly afterwards, the bell rang and speed-walked to where Rose sat with Alex. I dragged her along with me while she was trying to be all lovey dovey with Alex. I chuckled at this.

When the end of school did come, I walked up to my locker to find...Rose with Emily? She, though, was still wearing slutty clothes, really short shorts and a tight fitting tank.

"What's up, guys?" I asked them.

"We want you to talk it out with Noah." Emily told me flat out.

"Why do you guys care?" I asked, irritated that they were up in my business.

"Well Noah hasn't been the same. He's all quiet, and I've heard that he hasn't been screwing girls lately like he usually does." Emily told me and Rose confirmed it.

I was shocked, but wasn't ready to believe it just yet, "How do you guys know for sure?"

"Well I know because he always screws my..er...friends," she hesitated in calling them her friends, "and they tell me every single guy they do. And even if he didn't do one of them, they're very gossipy so they'd find out who he did in the blink of an eye. They're kind of like stalkers sometimes."

"And I know because Alex told me he's been sulking around. And Alex never lies to me." Rose said.

They both had their arms crossed under their chest.

I sighed, "I don't know, okay?"

Before they could say anything, though, I literally ran away from them and to my safe car.

I drove home and sat on my bed with nothing to do since I didn't have any homework, which was a surprise.

Maybe I should go to the park for some nice fresh air.

I walked out the door and locked it behind me. I didn't really think I'd need a jacket since the sky was pretty much clear except for a few stray dark gray clouds.

When I reached the park, I sat down on a bench and watched all the little kids play happily, remembering my childhood. Most of which was spent without my dad. I had always seen other kids with their's and I had been jealous. Which kid wouldn't be? That was until I realized that we were better off without him.

I was still watching the little kids play when my eyes landed on a familiar blond head full of ringlets. My favorite baby/toddler. Charlie! But unfortunately, before I could even get up to walk to her, rain started fall and she ran after another little girl with brown hair. I looked up and noticed that the sky was completely dark gray now.

I love the rain, so I stayed there for a while until my skin started getting goosebumps and my teeth involuntarily began chattering. I hugged myself tightly. There was no shelter from the rain, which is sad because you'd expect some kind of shelter.

That's when I felt a partially damp jacket being wrapped around me. It made me feel warmer and I clutched onto it. I looked up to see that it was Noah who wrapped it around me, so obviously, it was his jacket.

I started to take it off but his hands secured it, "Stop trying to be so difficult, Jade. Just wear it." I surrendered to the jacket's warmth, but then I saw that he only had his green T-shirt on.

"What about you?" I asked, but my voice sounded a bit cold.

He shrugged, "Eh, I'm used to it."

I nodded, "What happened to Charlie?"

"She ran off home." Exactly what I want to do know.

"Oh, well, I'm gonna go." I turned to leave, but he stopped, it seems as if he's been doing that a lot lately.

He caught my wrist, but didn't turn me around and I made no move to turn around. Rain splashed all around me and made little puddles. I was soaking wet, I could feel that. "I need to talk to you." he told me.

"I don't want to." I tried yanking my hand from his grasp but he didn't let go and instead, he spun me around and pulled me into him.

He pushed me into his chest and wrapped his arm around securely around my waist. "But I want to." He nervously raked his hand through his hair, "Just hear me out okay, Cupcake?"

I liked him calling me Cupcake again, but I didn't show it, instead I nodded. I think I should let him explain now.

"I honestly hadn't known that it was that big of a deal because, well, I do that a lot and most girls don't care. But I was stupid to think it'd be okay with you too." he looked deep into my eyes and I wasn't sure how long I'd be mad at him for, "I'm really sorry, Cupcake. I really am. I miss having you around, and I miss talking to you, laughing with you, and just being with you. You mean a lot to me. You're like my best friend. Please forgive me?"

I was hesitant so he added, "I won't ever do it again. Just forgive me?"

I smiled, "God, your so desperate, Loverboy."

I heard him breathe a sigh of relief as his arms engulfed me in his arms and hug me tightly. I hug him just as tightly, enjoying the raindrops onto my face and roll down.

I breathed in his spicy, masculine scent. The scent that always calmed me, calmed me once more. I sighed as one thought settled in my head. I had really missed having him around.

--|§|--

So? How was it? Don't forget to drop me by a comment and a vote! And I haven't proofread it. Sorry.

Oh and read the story ideas I have up, please?!

One and Only made it to HUMOR- #17, ROMANCE- #47, and WHAT'S HOT- #70!!!!!!! That's so amazing!! I love you guys dearly!!

Quote of the Day:

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory." -Unknown

Song of the Day:

Black Butterflies by Rihanna