Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I realised I had to be strong, I realised I had to wake up and accept that I was going to die, I couldn't ask anyone else to risk themselves for me and I didn't plan on doing that. So I wiped at my tears, making them go away I needed to be strong just like everyone else I knew was.

Suddenly a silhouette materialised in front of me, I looked at them with tears causing my eyes to sparkle.

'So, you want him to be happy I presume?' the voice asked.

'Of course I want Kai to be happy, I.... I.' I began but stopped.

'You love him?' the voice asked, I nodded, refusing to meet the gaze of the now fully materialised silhouette in front of me. 'Maybe you should have told him that before you were on your death bed.' The voice stated. 'All he wanted as a kid was to hear those three words from you, but all you did was block out your feelings, you only told him he was your best friend, you never told him you loved him Miyuki, so don't expect him to come and save you.' the voice echoed.

'I never expected Kai to come and save me.... I am my own person; I don't need Kai to save me.' I whispered looking down as tears fell to my feet.

'As a child you always expected Kai to protect you, were you even aware of his health?' the voice questioned.

'Health?' I asked.

'Kai was under so much stress he was put into hospital multiple times, this stress was because of you, he wanted to protect you and when he couldn't the stress just grew, Kai has done some horrible things to himself because of you Miyuki.' the voice stated.

I finally built up the courage and looked up at the person standing before me they were wearing a dark cloak so I couldn't see their face but their voice sounded very masculine, I looked at my surroundings, my vision was blurred due to the tears in my eyes, we were in a forest, everything surrounding us was consumed in darkness all you could see were the silhouettes of the trees in the distance.

'No... that's a lie, Kai would have told me if something was wrong....' I stated and I could hear the clocked man smirk.

'I'm afraid you are wrong there Miyuki, all you've ever done was caused Kai pain, is that really what you wanted? Don't you think it would be better if you just died? He wouldn't have anything to worry about if you did.' The man spoke in a chilling tone, it made my skin crawl.

'No...' I whispered, not being able to digest all of this information.

'Now shall we move on with the transformation?' the man asked.

'Kai... Kai was sick?' I questioned.

'Kai was very sick.' The man told me, he sounded like he was enjoying seeing me suffer like this. The man then approached me, I had been looking down but he slipped his hand underneath my chin, gently grabbing it and making me look up at him, at first all I could see was darkness until he spoke.

'I bet you're wondering who I am, aren't ya beautiful?'  He said, he's voice was starting to sound slightly familiar. I stood in silence, trying to fight back tears. 'How about we take a look.' He added as he placed his hand on my cheek and then slid it back underneath my chin, he's head slowly came close to mine and then he kissed me, my eyes widened and one I registered everything that was happening I pulled away.

Kai stood before me he's eyes starting to look like they had sparkles inside them except they were glowing blue; he was wearing a turquoise cloak and remained to keep his hand underneath my chin. I felt my face heat up then I covered my mouth.