Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Kai and I both sat in silence for a while it was slightly awkward but I eventually got used to it, he must have been thinking because he was looking into the distance with a concentrated expression across his face.

"Um... Kai, is something bothering you?" I asked leaning forwards slightly.

"Huh? O-Oh no nothing at all I was just trying to remember." Kai replied with the closed eye grin he used to give me when we were children. I felt a wave of happiness wash through me and a smile spread across my face. There was then a knock on the door and Kai called them in, it was Mrs Hisakawa and my mother.

"Miyuki we best be going home now, it's getting late." Mum said, I glanced at her and then out the window, it was already dark outside.

"Oh my goodness, I didn't even realise it was that late." I replied as I stood up I then bowed to Kai and gave him another small smile. "Thank you for waking up Kai, you have no idea how much it means to me." I added. Kai looked at me with surprise and then nodded with smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" Kai asked.

"Yes, you'll see me tomorrow." I replied and with that I gave Kai a short wave and then caught up with my mother outside the room.

My mother had a broad smile across her face and then pulled me into a hug.

"I finally have my little girl back." She stated.

"Oh Mother, I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had been hurting you inside." I replied with a sad look, my mother giggled.

"No need to apologise you had a right to be upset, but what I disliked most was the fact that you never spoke of your feelings with me." Mother explained.

"Sorry." I apologised as we climbed into the car and drove home.

"We spoke with the doctors and they said Kai should be able to leave in three weeks, make sure you try and remind him of the past in those three weeks." Mum said.

"I will and Mother, you know where I haven't been in a long time?" I asked.

"Where?"

"To the forest where Kai and I built our own hang out." I explained.

"Are you planning on taking Kai to that place when he's allowed out of hospital?"

"Yes, I think that would be the best place for us to go."

"I see, anyhow, come inside I will prepare dinner and then we can sit down and watch a movie just like we had agreed on a few days ago." My Mum said with a smile.

"Alright, I'll be with you in a moment." I replied as I headed towards my room and took out the memory box Kai and I had made when we were younger. Taking out a bag from my cupboard I placed the memory box in with a couple of photo albums and then I headed downstairs.

My mother was preparing Miso Soup, when she noticed I had entered the room she loved over at me and smiled.

"Miyuki dear, can you please start working on the rice?" Mother asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied with a nod as I headed towards the rice and stirred it for a while, it was already nearly finished and Mum had asked me to set the table.

I placed two sets of chopsticks on chopstick rests and then set two small bowls on the table with two larger bowls the smaller bowls were for rice and the larger bowls were for the Miso soup when I was finished with that I headed back into the kitchen and took the rice off of the stove, placing it on the table whilst my Mother carried the Miso Soup to the table.