Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Eri immediately rushed over to him and placed her arms around his waist and Kai put his arm around her shoulders.

I felt my gut sink and my chest hurt; Haruki noticed this and came up behind me draping his arms over my shoulder in a hug.

"Yeah, Miyuki asked me to come out here she wanted to talk to me and I asked her out, she said yes." Haruki stated with a smirk. He then lowered his head so his mouth was closer to my ear. "Just go with it..." he whispered and I nodded.

"Y-Yes Haruki and I are going out." I said Kai looked upset for some reason but he hid his emotions from the people around him, he'd always been good at that. Kai then smirked at me and took Eri's chin, tilting it back slightly he lowered himself and kissed her on the lips. I let out a loud gasp and struggled in Haruki's embrace but he held me back. In that instant Yuna and Sora gave us an expression pretty much saying that they knew we were lying.

"Miyuki... stop... struggling." Haruki whispered to me.

"But!" I began and Haruki shook his head.

"Drop it, your only gonna make him think you're desperate to be with him." Haruki told me. I sighed and nodded once.

"Okay." I replied and took a deep breath.

"Uh, I'm gonna go for a walk with Miyuki..." Yuna said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me away. When we were far enough away from the group she placed her hands on her hips and looked at me with confusion. "What's with that?"

"With what?" I questioned.

"Kai and Eri, I can tell that Kai hates Eri so why are they dating?" Yuna asked.

"I don't know... I just woke up one morning and Eri called me, telling me about that." I replied with a frown.

"Boys are messed up." Yuna stated with a sigh and I just glanced at her but then I heard something, my eyes widened and I was suddenly alert.

"What was that?" I whispered. Yuna stepped closer to me and shrugged. "It's probably nothing, how about we ditch the group; I can tell you don't wanna be around them at the moment." Yuna added with a small, friendly smile.

"But Yuna if we leave they will be worried about us, and besides we have to finish the hang out before the holidays end...." I replied, looking down after I spoke the last two words.

"Why do we have to before the holidays end?" Yuna asked tilting her head a fraction to the side with a confused expression on her face. I felt tears come to my eyes as I remembered the words Kai spoke to me a little while before.

"Cause.... Cause Kai won't last after the holidays, he will be gone forever." I whispered as the tears leaked out of my eyes. Yuna looked at me with shock and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What are you talking about? I thought Kai was all better, that's what you said wasn't it?" Yuna questioned me, I could hear the worry in her tone and shook my head as I turned around and began to run, my tears flowing after me sparkling. I had to get away, I had to have some alone time, so I ran further into the forest, it wasn't the river I played at as a little kid but it was a river I used to have picnics at with some friends and it was somewhere I liked to go when I'm upset.

When I reached the river I stepped into it and sat on a rock, watching as the water flowed down the stream hitting rocks and splashing around as it made its way down. I wiped at my eyes with the bottom of my palm and then continued to watch the water run.

Yuna was probably looking for me but I didn't really care, I was sick of being all alone, people got close to me or tried to get close to me and then they just left me all alone.