Chapter 5

Chapter 5

...Wait a second; was Haruki in my class when I was five? If so he would have known Kai right unless.... He was just there for the day... I pondered Haruki looked so sad and I couldn't understand why and then something hit me, the rumours about the boy with the orange coloured hair that was always making trouble for teachers at our primary school.

I suddenly felt incredible tired and decided to go to bed, I had school the next morning and I didn't want to be tired so I closed my eyes and fell asleep until I heard my door open. When I opened my eyes again it was around 2:00am and someone I could have sworn was Haruki was staring at me lying in bed. I blinked a couple of times to clear my vision and then sat up rubbing my eyes.

"Haruki?" I asked groggily as I continued to rub my left eye. "How late is it?" I added.

"Your mother's worried about you Miyuki." Haruki stated.

"And you though now were the best time to tell me?" I asked sounding tired but the question wasn't rudely asked. Haruki approached me and sat on the side of my bed, he glanced at the photo album that was now on the floor and then instantly looked away, regret reflecting in his expression.

"Hey Miyuki..."

"Yeah?"

"Does it hurt?" Haruki asked I frowned slightly confused.

"Does what hurt?" I questioned finally deciding to stop rubbing my eyes.

"You know, the emotions building up inside of you due to Kai's coma." Haruki asked sounding sad. I glanced at him then glanced at the ground.

"Yeah... it hurts, but it becomes natural it's something I've had to deal with for most of my life so it just feels normal to me." I explained quietly.

"Would you... move on?" Haruki asked.

"Move.... On?"

"I can tell you're in love with Kai, Miyuki, it's something you can't hide." Haruki said almost coldly.

"I-I don't love Kai... h-how I mean, what makes you think that?" I asked as my face heated up and before I could do anything else Haruki placed his hand against my cheek, half under my hair, my eyes widened and I blushed even more.

"You can't lie to me; your face is heating up just by having Kai's name spoken." Haruki stated and then removed his hand. "I'm not gonna pressure you anymore but can you just answer my question, would you move on?" Haruki repeated.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking away.

"If Kai were to... well, you know, die would you move on with your life?"

I felt my stomach sink and shook my head.

"N-No, that's not going to happen, Kai's not going to die Kai will wake up soon I know he will... I just... Know." I stated, my voice suddenly lowering on the last word. Soon enough tears had formed in my eyes and I placed my hands over them.

"Miyuki... I didn't mean to make you upset." Haruki stated as he placed his arm around me pulling me towards him.

"I know I'm sorry Haruki." I whispered. Haruki stared at me, his green eyes reflecting something I couldn't quite press my finger on, was it longing? Wishing? Or even hoping? Having Haruki beside me made sleep approach me a lot easier soon I was consumed by darkness and awoke in a dream, one much like my others, one of the past.

'Miyuki, don't be scared school can't be that bad.' Kai assured me as he gave me a closed eye grin.

'I know Kai but what if they tease me?' I asked. Kai opened his eyes and gave me a confused look.