Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"R-Right." Haruki said with a nod and then we headed towards the school. Yuna saw us enter and ran over to us placing her arms gently around my shoulders, hugging me with a closed eye smile.

"Oooh so Haruki's trying to claim the title from Kai now is he?" Yuna joked as she laughed.

"W-What? N-no that's not what's going on." I stated, waving my arms around.

"Awe c'mon Miyu-chan you can tell me I'm you friend." Yuna said.

"But that's not what's going on Haruki just stayed at my house to keep me company." I explained.

"He stayed at your house?" Yuna asked with shock as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah I slept in the spare room." Haruki stated with a cheeky smile. "I even got to stay with Miyuki in her room for a while." He added as Yuna punched him upside the head, he stumbled slightly and fell to the ground my eyes widened as I brought my hands up to my mouth with a gasp.

"H-Haruki a-are you okay?" I asked as I crouched down beside him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"H-Huh? Yeah I'm fine." Haruki assured me with a thumbs up and then smirked at Yuna who held her fist up elegantly.

"Oh that's good." I replied smiling at Haruki, I then got to my feet and clasped Yuna's hands in mine. "Oh Yuna, you won't believe what happened today!" I said happily.

"Lemme guess, Haruki kissed you?" Yuna asked, I blinked at her a few times as my cheeks reddened and then shook my head no. "What happened then?"

I smiled at Yuna and closed my eyes, letting out a sigh I reopened them and began.

"Haruki and I went to the hospital and there's been a huge improvement in Kai's condition I was sitting down and held his hand like I usually do and then he actually squeezed it and said my name I'm certain he will awake from his slumber soon." I explained happily.

"Oh my goodness that's great news Miyu-chan I hope for your sake he does wake up soon and then you will truly be happy." Yuna gasped with a smile as she pulled me into a hug. "Oh, I'm so happy for you." Yuna added. After a moment the bell went and Yuna scurried away. "I'll see you in class Miyu-chan don't be late." Yuna said as she waved and ran.

"I'll be right behind you!" I called in reply before I could start running Haruki caught my shoulder causing me to be pulled back slightly. "Haruki?" I asked steadily as Haruki looked at me seriously.

"Don't get your hopes up, he might you know... go further into the darkness." Haruki explained, I looked at him feeling my stomach sink and then nodded just as I was about to run everything began to spin and I wobbled quite a bit. "Miyuki?" Haruki asked and then I felt myself falling backwards. "MIYUKI!" Haruki exclaimed and before everything went back I felt two strong arms holding me.

***

When I woke up I found myself in the infirmary, sitting up I still felt slightly dizzy and noticed Yuna and Haruki sitting beside my bed.

"Hey Miyuki are you alright?" Yuna asked as she leant forwards and clasped my hands in hers.

"Yeah I'm fine I don't know what happened." I said as I looked away for a second in thought.

"I know what happened." Haruki muttered, I looked over at him he looked annoyed and had his arms folded across his chest. "It's 'cause you haven't been eating." He stated. I glanced at him and then looked down feeling guilty. "You don't understand how worried we were." Haruki continued, slightly darkly.