Chapter 8 (revised)

Suddenly I am jarred awake by the sound of screaming coming from downstairs. I roll out of bed, wiping my eyes, while trying to figure out what's going on. When I walk down the stairs I see Tyler and Austin arguing in the living room. Neither of them have noticed my presence, so I stand there listening.

"I can't believe this is happening. Yesterday you said, 'oh were just friends' and today I find y'all cuddling in bed together." Tyler says frustrated.

"Look man. I know it looks bad but nothing is going on with us. She called me crying last night so I went and brought her here."

"That doesn't explain why you were holding her the way you were. God I can't believe I was so stupid as to fall for her."

When I hear him say those words it's like I'm relieving yesterday all over again. I really thought Tyler was different but apparently I'm a bad judge of character. I feel wetness running down my face and reach up to wipe it away. Why am I crying over someone who thinks so lowly of me.

"Tyler don't you think your talking this a little to far. I told you why she was with me." Austin says becoming impatient with the way Tyler is acting.

"Yeah you said she called you crying so you went and got her, but that doesn't explain why you were in bed with her." Tyler yells at Austin. "How do I know you aren't just lying to cover for her and you?"

By now I am so mad at him I am bitting the inside of my jaw. How can he stand there and act like we've actually given him a reason to not trust us. He knows we're just friends and nothing else. Before I realize what I'm doing I have walked up to stand right in front of Tyler.

"You wanna know why I'm here? Would that make everything in your life better? I called Austin to come last night because I walked in on my husband having this way with Katrina. Could you imagine my surprise when I walked in and he had her bent over our couch. Does that make you happy knowing that I'm here because of hurt and not because there's something going on between the two of us." I say pointing between Austin and myself. "You have to be one of the most bipolar people I've ever met in my entire life. One minute you want to be near me and the next you can't stand me. Why don't you do all of us a huge favor and make up your mind what you want, or better yet leave me alone all together!" 

After my little outburst I walk out of the living room and towards the kitchen with Austin and Tyler both calling out for me. I'm so tired of all the lies and drama that has came into my life over the last few months. I can still hear the both of them arguing but I could careless what they are saying. Since I'm in kitchen I decide to cook breakfast, hoping it will help to get my mind off of things. Half through making the food Tyler walks into the kitchen and stand a few feet away from me. I don't really have anything else to say to him, so I just act as if he's not there.

"I'm so sorry love." He says looking at me.

I stand there not saying a word to him or even looking at him. Several minutes pass before he finally speaks again.

"Amelia please say something." Tyler pleads. "I know I was wrong to jump to conclusions, but seeing you in his arms did something to me that I can't explain. Please don't be mad at me."

I still don't move or say anything to him which cause him to walk closer to me. When he is about a foot from me he reaches to touch me, but I pull away knowing I can't handle it right now. Deep down I know one touch from him would cause me to fully breakdown. I swallow the tears that are threatening to fall and gather enough strength to speak.

"Don't." I say looking up to him. "You can say you're sorry all day long but that doesn't take back the words you spoke in the living room or yesterday form that matter. You always jump to conclusions without even knowing what's really going on."